Gransnet forums

Technology

Need a new tablet - Android only - any recommendations please?

(6 Posts)
gulligranny Sun 11-Apr-21 17:26:07

My dear old Tesco-bought Hudl is giving up the ghost and I'd like to get a new Android tablet with a ten-inch screen. There are so many out there, so I would be grateful for Gransnet advice please.

sodapop Sun 11-Apr-21 20:26:15

I've just bought a Samsung galaxy S6 lite Gulligranny it has a 10 inch screen. I like Samsung products and I am used to them. It was fairly easy to set up and I will get accustomed to it over the next few weeks. I'm not brilliant with tech so it suits me.

Pittcity Sun 11-Apr-21 20:57:21

Mine is a Huawei. Very similar to a Samsung but much cheaper.
I would Google "10 inch Android tablet" and see what comes up in your price bracket. Then look at reviews before deciding. You want tech that suits you and that's not necessarily what others have.

Bridie22 Sun 11-Apr-21 21:04:26

Another vote for samsung galaxy 6 lite, 10 inch screen, excellent product and easy use.

gulligranny Sun 11-Apr-21 22:32:39

I've tried googling the Android tablet Pittcity, there is just so much choice. I don't need anything too fancy but I do want to be able to watch catch-up tv and maybe the odd movie, plus various apps. I'm not majorly tech savvy but I when I know what to do I can do it, if you see what I mean.

I am also thinking about a new phone and that will probably be a Samsung, so I'll certainly have a look at the Galaxy 6 Lite.

Thanks ladies.

MiniMoon Sun 11-Apr-21 22:42:49

I have a Samsung galaxy tab A. 10.1. I got it to replace my Tesco hudl. It is an excellent tablet, and takes really good photographs.