Gransnet forums

Technology

Driving License for DH not arrived.

(49 Posts)
Lovetopaint037 Wed 13-Oct-21 11:25:15

Not sure if this is right place to post but I filled my Dh’s driving renewal license application on line as I have done before and it has been sent within a week. However, I did this for him on the 6th September and it has not arrived. So now over 6 weeks since sending the application.tracked it with the reference number and it keeps coming up as “in progress”.
As other members of the family have been getting their licenses, including my grandson’s license sent by post, in a matter of days I am getting worried. I tried ringing them but they are asking that I try again later and the live chat is also not available. As there have been no changes on his application and should be straight forward I have a horrible feeling that it has got lost in their system. Has anyone else had trouble of late and any advise as to how to actually contact them.

MayBee70 Mon 08-Nov-21 13:00:25

Driving licence arrived in the post this morning. Has been so simple and stress free compared to my passport. Having said that, it was only because I did eventually get my passport that it was a simple procedure. Again thanks for the advice on here.

MayBee70 Thu 04-Nov-21 15:20:10

It’s all gone through. It says new licence has been issued so I have evidence that I have a new licence even if it hasn’t arrived it’s on record. Thanks for the advice to do it online.

MayBee70 Thu 04-Nov-21 01:52:24

I’ve just, hopefully, renewed my licence online. It would have been a nightmare trying to do it if I hadn’t eventually received my new passport! Please don’t tell me my driving licence will be delivered by TNT/FedEx shock or I’ll be in Groundhog Day for perpetuity. Do I have to cut up my old licence and send it to them now or do I wait till I receive my new driving licence?

MayBee70 Tue 02-Nov-21 19:20:26

Having finally got my passport will I be able to renew my paper licence online now. Will they be able to access my passport photo to use in the photo licence? I’m too tired to start filling the form in tonight?

bikergran Tue 02-Nov-21 19:07:47

Yes maybe Driving round in circles!

Calmlocket Tue 02-Nov-21 11:10:07

You can track driving licence online

www.gov.uk/track-your-driving-licence-application

MayBee70 Tue 02-Nov-21 11:03:58

bikergran: it’s like going round in circles isn’t it.

bikergran Tue 02-Nov-21 09:08:51

My dads still! waiting, it is total confusion, one woman said all was ok and being sent off, next month rang again, oh we have to wait for such n such a letter, then tried to sort out section 88 but no got to wait for consultants letter not doctors letter, Insurance is now void as dads licence run out in September.

So now his vehicle is sat there uninsured as cant insure it without valid licence I don't think.

It will now had to go and sit on his allotment until all sorted if ever.

MayBee70 Mon 01-Nov-21 12:47:19

MayBee70

Well, I hope my driving licence goes through as easily as my passport renewal. One week on from applying for it they’ve emailed me to say it’s been printed and will be posted to me soon. Very impressed.

Day 6 of passport not being delivered. Now being delivered tomorrow. Delivery company bloke said he was going to put the phone down on me as I was shouting at which point I burst into tears and told him I’d been waiting in for days and had been crying all weekend. So much for things going well. And I haven’t even started with the driving licence renewal.

Susie42 Mon 01-Nov-21 12:40:25

I applied on line at the beginning of June to renew my licence. The DVLA had a query to which I replied by return in mid-June and since then I have heard nothing. On checking the message is that it is in the system.

seacliff Mon 25-Oct-21 19:33:47

I am still waiting, I sent the last form second) off over a month ago. I got proof of postage at least. As I had the old paper licence and no current passport, I could start it off online. Then they sent a form for me to complete and return with verified photo.

Lovetopaint037 Mon 25-Oct-21 19:23:36

Callistemon Thank you so much. It worked. We received the licence this morning swiftly followed by an email containing an apology. I am pretty sure it was that complaint that did the trick. If you hadn’t suggested it would probably still been waiting.

MayBee70 Mon 25-Oct-21 16:43:19

Well, I hope my driving licence goes through as easily as my passport renewal. One week on from applying for it they’ve emailed me to say it’s been printed and will be posted to me soon. Very impressed.

Charleygirl5 Wed 20-Oct-21 23:04:47

MayBee it normally is very straightforward- it is only when one has to send a new mugshot that the trouble begins. 3 years ago I did it all online and had my licence back within 7 working days. This year I had to send another mugshot- that was at the end of August so who knows I may receive a surprise Christmas present, but not necessarily this year!

I did keep proof of posting and I did check the form etc. arrived at the DVLA so that I could continue to drive. Mine is in the lap of the Gods.

MayBee70 Wed 20-Oct-21 22:03:42

Must say thus far I’m impressed with the way you can renew passports online. Hoping the driving licence application is as easy.

MayBee70 Mon 18-Oct-21 23:11:52

The chap at Max Spielmans today said that they’re going to change things so that as long as you get proof of postage at the post office you can continue to drive even if your licence hasn’t been returned. He was really helpful.

MayBee70 Fri 15-Oct-21 15:12:34

My problem is I only have a paper licence. I wish I hadn’t let my passport run out just before my driving licence did too. Then again I didn’t know a year ago that we’d still be in a pandemic! I need to get a photo done at Max Spielmans then I’ll decide what to do. They do digital photos as well (whatever that means: I’m a hopeless technophobe. I also didn’t buy the new phone I planned to get either because of the pandemic).

MiniMoon Fri 15-Oct-21 13:54:02

MayBee70 if you renew your license online they use your passport photo. All you have to do is give permission.

MiniMoon Fri 15-Oct-21 13:52:00

I received a letter a couple of weeks ago reminding me that my licence expires in December when I'm 70, enclosed was the renewal form. I went online to renew it.
My new driving licence arrived the next week.

MayBee70 Fri 15-Oct-21 10:35:06

Believe it or not all the renewal forms came in the post this morning! Just need to get a photo done now.

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 14-Oct-21 23:01:19

When I renewed my passport last year OH took my photo using my iPhone. It took a couple of goes but they finally accepted it. They don’t like stray bits of hair!

Charleygirl5 Thu 14-Oct-21 22:48:25

I personally would not because they are as fussy re photos as is the DVLA.

MayBee70 Thu 14-Oct-21 22:17:26

Getting confused now. I need to renew my passport as well. Can I photograph myself using the camera on my iPad?

Callistemon Thu 14-Oct-21 15:46:52

Hope they have the desired effect, Charleygirl!

Charleygirl5 Wed 13-Oct-21 22:51:37

Callistemon thanks for that- they will be inundated with emails from us lot now!