Gransnet forums

Technology

Getting "Banned" from Facebook.

(5 Posts)
biglouis Sun 24-Apr-22 11:12:46

I use Facebook for business and recently got myself banned due to a silly mistake.

I was on a jewellery site to which I am affiliated and it invited me to"sell in our bazaar". It made no mention of the fact that the bazaar was an established Facebook group. Had I known this I could have simply signed in with my existing FB ID. The wording made it appear as if it was a part of the website. It invited me to create and ID so I did. The Farcebook bots thought I was creating a fake account and subsequently banned me.

I got an email asking me to confirm my ID which I duly did using my passport. I subsequently got another saying "we have completed out investigations and we are unable to confirm your identity so you are still banned"

??????

I had no way to contact farcebook and explain the mistake. A bit of googling and some visits to U Tube showed me that there are thousands of people who have likewise got themselves banned due to some innocent mistake similar to mine. There appears to be no way to appeal the decision or to contact farcebook.

I eventually found a way to do so and got my account restored but it involved a bit of "going around the houses".

nanna8 Sun 24-Apr-22 11:22:15

Go to one of their rival sites maybe? Quite a few people I know use MeWe though I am too lazy to change personally. Facebook is becoming very annoying with its excessive ads. and suspect security.

biglouis Sun 24-Apr-22 13:54:03

I dont sell on Facebook matket place but on a number of private buying/selling groups of which I am a member. So it was a major hassle for me to get locked out.

Yes you are right about concerns over the main site and the security issues. They seem to allow all kinds of rogues but people who make an innocent mistake get punished.

Wyatteast Fri 20-May-22 17:42:31

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Blossoming Fri 20-May-22 17:52:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.