Gransnet forums

Technology

Dell laptop XPS 15 9510 advice pleae.

(6 Posts)
jeanie99 Sat 11-Jun-22 22:02:17

Wow I am so appreciative of your comments.
I have to be honest I have almost been in tears with this machine.
My daughter as Big suggested said use a mouse and bought one for me and it was delivered yesterday.
I can't believe the difference it as made, I can actually copy and paste and the screen doesn't change in size, what a nightmare that is.
Blossom thank you for the Chrome tutorial, the young man is about organization which is exactually what I want, I am very organized myself.
I've worked out how to use bookmarks and mange them, so pleased about that.
Also spell checker works with the mouse.
Daughter sent me a Youtube for window 11 tutorial.

Minimoon the website your link went to asked me for my credit card details and a payment of £24.99 a month, so not sure what that is about.

I rang Dell they said they didn't have a user manual only service manuals.
Anyhow thanks again everyone for helping me you are a great group of people on this site.

Jackiest Thu 09-Jun-22 03:02:51

Firefox should work with windows 11 which is probably the version you have. Try uninstalling and installing again. It is not Dell user manual that you want but a firfox or chrome user manual.
I use several different web browsers to prevent web sites knowing every web site that I go to.

Blossoming Wed 08-Jun-22 13:13:09

There are several Chrome user tutorials on YouTube, such as this one.

youtu.be/3tvGp_X-2Ek

Do you know what operating system your laptop has? If it’s Windows it has built in tutorials that should help.

BigBertha1 Wed 08-Jun-22 12:43:17

I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 3000 and some of the same problems. The keyboard is very sensitive and as you say the cursor jumps about and the page size alters. For that bit I think you get used to the sensitivity. I use the touch pad but may have to go to a mouse in order to cope with this. As for manuals they seem to be only on line now. My husband set me up with EDGE browser but I am finding that CHROME is better.

MiniMoon Wed 08-Jun-22 00:16:47

www.manualslib.com/d/dell+laptop+xps+15+9510.html

This is the site I use when looking for a user manual. Hope it helps.

jeanie99 Tue 07-Jun-22 21:09:09

My old laptop stopped working before I had a chance to learn how to use this new laptop. I am really struggling to use it.
My usual browser is Firefox but it doesn't seem to work on this laptop, I've tried several times. Son said to use Google Chrome which I am trying with. With this I don't have the usual top menus like FILE, HISTORY,BOOKMARKS etc, if I try and copy paste the right click for drop down menu doesn't appear.
Found where bookmarks are but it doesn't allow me to group.
I need a user guide but can only find user service manuals on the internet.
My son who would normally help me is away for sometime.
The cursor jumps about all over the place and the size of the page alters all the time. I don't seem to be able to do anything other than click once with the pad which is very large in size.
I did go on the Dell site but there was nothing to download for a user .