Gransnet forums

Technology

How do you manage caring for elderly parents and keeping track of your children?

(2 Posts)
bucksloan Thu 01-Oct-26 13:14:34

I live with my parents and also have a child, so sometimes I feel completely stretched trying to look after everyone. When I’m busy caring for my parents, my child may be out with friends, and I worry about not knowing where they are. Has anyone else been in this situation? Are there any apps or simple technology solutions you use to keep track of family members while still giving everyone some independence?

butterandjam Thu 01-Oct-26 13:24:49

Are there any apps or simple technology solutions you use to keep track of family members while still giving everyone some independence?

Here on planet Earth we have developed mobile phones and other devices to do what you need.

I suggest you board the next flying saucerl; we'll explain it all when you get here.

Try not to land in USA or Russia where your travel excuses might be challenged.