Gransnet forums

Travel

Back from holiday

(9 Posts)
Maniac Sun 04-Nov-12 14:33:21

Back home from holiday.What was the first thing you did? How long to unpack and get back to normal routine?
Did you feel energised or exhausted?

jeni Sun 04-Nov-12 15:02:21

Well I went with an older woman who went Greek dancing and flirting. I was exhausted just trying to keep her out of mischief!shock

Ana Sun 04-Nov-12 15:02:23

Log on to Gransnet - the rest can wait! grin

Greatnan Sun 04-Nov-12 15:05:50

No matter how tired I am, I have to unpack, open mail, etc. before I can rest. I usually take my laptop with me, so I don't have to catch up with my various forums.
I do any laundry the day after, then it is back to normal.

whenim64 Sun 04-Nov-12 15:07:54

Get washing out of the suitcase and stick it in the washer. Not so I can wash it, mind - that will do next day - it's just so I can carry my suitcase upstairs and throw it in the spare bedroom! Then I fish out anything I might need imminently, and shut the door on it. Job done! grin

MrsJamJam Sun 04-Nov-12 18:30:52

Put the kettle on!

numberplease Sun 04-Nov-12 20:50:33

We unload everything from the car, then usually go to the chippy for some tea.

Marelli Sun 04-Nov-12 20:57:38

Empty the bags, put washing on, put everything away, then sit with a cuppa and open mail, which is often mainly junk. If I don't do it all straight away, it seems to spread itself everywhere and never seems to get done properly confused.

Maniac Mon 05-Nov-12 18:39:52

What a virtuous lot you are.I'm like MrsJamJam put the kettle on,have something to eat .After a long drive like last week may even have a nap.Not in a hurry to unpack.Best way to do that is to tip suitcase contents onto floor/bed.

If your travelling companion has a mobility scooter you could come home exhausted by trying to keep up with her.grin