Gransnet forums

Travel

Travelling to Paris with a grandchild

(131 Posts)
JaneAnn Mon 20-May-13 16:30:46

Hello everyone

I am planning to take my grandchildren to Paris - singly - starting with the 12 year old. I thought we would stay for three nights, in the centre somewhere and I would love to hear about other people's experience and to have some advice about things to do, places to stay, places to go etc. We'd probably fly as it would be from Newcastle.

welbeck Tue 05-Dec-23 20:58:13

might not be so enthralling for a 22 year old to be dragged around Paris by his/her granny. maybe.

RosiesMaw Tue 05-Dec-23 21:28:32

pascal30

JaneAnne You could take your 12 year old GC to the Parc de Villette which is a fun science and technology centre.. and get there by taking a canal boat journey from BelleVille.. I also think the Pompidou Centre is fun to visit for the external escalators and the many street performers there.

Ten years too late pascal30 !

NotSpaghetti Wed 06-Dec-23 08:57:10

Galeries Lafayette would also be on my list.
Pretty amazing.
The Orsay is fabulous and does (or used to do) guided tours. I think I'd do one of those.

NotSpaghetti Wed 06-Dec-23 09:00:32

But oh my goodness this is such an old thread!

Are you still here JaneAnn?

pascal30 Wed 06-Dec-23 09:24:00

RosiesMaw

pascal30

JaneAnne You could take your 12 year old GC to the Parc de Villette which is a fun science and technology centre.. and get there by taking a canal boat journey from BelleVille.. I also think the Pompidou Centre is fun to visit for the external escalators and the many street performers there.

Ten years too late pascal30 !

oh dear, well spotted.. I wonder why it popped up again..