Gransnet forums

Travel

Have your say on airport technology!

(20 Posts)
JackSar Sat 17-Jun-17 18:00:27

Hi all!

I'm an Airport Planning and Management student at Cranfield University. I'm currently working on my thesis research, about the future of biometric technologies at airports worldwide.

As you may know, the air transport industry is leading towards the widespread implementation of self-service technologies, paired with biometric identification, which in the future will characterise all airport processes.

I'm currently collecting data about the passenger perception of future implementations through a survey. I would really appreciate your insight, as well as any following conversation in this thread. You just need to click on the blu link below:

cranfielduniversity.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dpuNMw09npnloyh

Thank you so much!!

It will take no more than 10 minutes to complete, data are confidential and will be used only to perform aggregated analyses.

Grannyknot Sat 17-Jun-17 18:11:26

Hi Jack, I have completed your survey.

Jayh Sat 17-Jun-17 21:09:56

Completed
?

fiorentina51 Sun 18-Jun-17 13:32:10

Done.

JackSar Thu 22-Jun-17 16:54:59

Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it.

Feel free to share it, the more responses I get, the more accurate the insight will be!

Cherrytree59 Thu 22-Jun-17 17:08:32

Have also completed your survey.

MiniMouse Thu 22-Jun-17 17:36:41

Done!

annodomini Thu 22-Jun-17 18:02:46

Done. It's a much better structured survey that many we've been asked to complete.

Marydoll Thu 22-Jun-17 21:29:42

Done, very topical and well written

Treebee Thu 22-Jun-17 22:21:28

Done!

JackSar Fri 23-Jun-17 10:57:13

Wow, you are amazing! Thank you so much.

if you just copy and paste the link you clicked on, you can send to anyone and on any platform, it works also on mobile phones. smile

Please feel free to do it!

Riverwalk Fri 23-Jun-17 11:23:15

Completed.

Well done Jack - your Survey is well designed. We get many badly thought-out ones that barely make sense.

Good luck with your course at Cranfield ... I once hoped my DS1 would do his engineering degree there but he declined my preference and went elsewhere!

Sar53 Fri 23-Jun-17 18:47:07

Have just completed survey. Good luck to you in your future studies. My son in law studied at Cranfield and is doing very well.

grumppa Fri 23-Jun-17 19:54:35

Completed. My answers may have been coloured by the shambles of biometric passport control at Munich and Heathrow. It was quicker to queue.

JackyB Sun 25-Jun-17 09:26:19

I have completed it, too. This is the first time I have seen a student asking something like this on Gransnet with a proper introduction, well formulated and with no spelling mistakes. You deserve to go far with this methodical, unsloppy approach.

grannysue05 Sun 25-Jun-17 10:27:14

Done the survey. Good Luck.

JackSar Sun 25-Jun-17 13:12:52

Thank you! I tried obviously to make it as clear as possible, otherwise it would be useless for me and a nightmare to answer. I am also glad you pointed out there are no spelling errors, as I am not a native speaker. grin

By the way, Cranfield is really a great university, I am glad I came here to do my studies.

Thank you so much once again for your help!

JackSar Sat 01-Jul-17 12:34:53

Hello again, I have only a few weeks left before I collect the results, and I would like to gather as many responses as possible.

If you have the chance to share the survey with other people please do not hesitate to do so, it would be greatly appreciated.

The link is always the same: cranfielduniversity.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dpuNMw09npnloyh

Thank you!

Goblinsattackin Sun 02-Jul-17 18:45:31

not suer what a sterile area is-had to guess at this question

JackSar Mon 03-Jul-17 21:28:00

Goblinsattackin, I am sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

As you might have seen, airports are divided into two areas: one open to the public, which you access from the road and public trasport, and another one accessible only to members of staff and passengers entitled to fly.
The second one is called sterile area, cause everyone and everything is screened in order to enter it.

Thank you for pointing this out and taking your time to complete my survey.