Gransnet forums

Travel

applying for e visa

(6 Posts)
travelsafar Fri 01-Sep-17 07:56:40

Any one have any tips for when applying for the above.

Am off to India in November and keep reading tales on Trip Advisor of problems when trying to obtain one.

Welshwife Fri 01-Sep-17 08:26:24

Would they have a govt dept similar to the US Homeland which deals with these things?

Riverwalk Fri 01-Sep-17 16:08:36

I went to India two years ago and the e-visa had just been introduced but my, and my friend's, application was easy. You just have to be a bit computer savvy as you have to upload a suitable photo of certain proportions

This is the link from the Indian High Commission in London

indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html

You pay by credit card and are sent an online letter with a reference/visa number which you print out and take with you and present with your passport at immigration when you get there.

I had a wonderful trip by the way!

glammanana Fri 01-Sep-17 16:12:26

Riverwalk my pal went earlier this year and did the same as you she found it very easy and had no problems,we are looking to go next year its a place we have always wanted to visit so glad you had a wonderful trip.

TriciaF Fri 01-Sep-17 16:37:51

I'm interested in this too, because our second son lives there - I've visited twice but obtaining the visa was a nightmare.
I thought the 'new e-visa was only acceptable at certain destinations?
Not that I'm fit enough to do that journey again, but other family members might.

Riverwalk Fri 01-Sep-17 16:41:51

glam this is the tour we did with Riviera Travel - highly recommended, particularly the add-on of Shimla.

India

This is where we stayed in Shimla, in the foothills of The Himalayas - all quite spectacular!

Cecil