Gransnet forums

Travel

Insurance for holiday in UK.

(3 Posts)
Lazigirl Sat 17-Mar-18 20:50:38

I think they are unnecessary hidden charges. I have noticed that some companies ask for a returnable deposit in case of damage and we have paid this in the past and it has always been returned without a quibble, but I think you are right surely they expect some wear and tear. If we break a glass etc.we have always replaced anyway. I try and avoid companies with these type of conditions, but not always possible.

maryeliza54 Sat 17-Mar-18 20:48:38

My holiday insurance with Nationwide covers UK holidays of more than 2 nights for cancellation. As for damage, it will all depend on the contract which you have to decide to accept as part of the booking- it’s up to you but I don’t like the sound of this company .

Howjado Sat 17-Mar-18 20:44:14

I live in the UK and am in the process of booking a holiday cottage for the family in Wales, in August, later this year. So it is peak period and therefore several hundred pounds.
I am not going to take out the insurance the “cottage hire company” is asking me to buy because it talks about flight delays and cancellation cover for up to £5000.
Now the website is encouraging me to purchase liability insurance in case we damage something in the cottage. Surely when owners let out their holiday cottages they have their own insurance to cover such probabilities? And recuperate the cost in the hire charges.
Your thoughts please.