Gransnet forums

Travel

Leger river cruise

(8 Posts)
Luckygirl Mon 24-Sep-18 16:38:59

I have booked one for next August down the Rhine to Switzerland; travel there by coach.

It is a mad act of faith as OH may be completely unable to do it, or worse; but I feel we need something to look forward to; and the deposit is small - if we lose it, we lose it.

Has anyone ever done this cruise?

Auntieflo Mon 24-Sep-18 17:02:40

We haven't done it Luckygirl, but I am sending good wishes to you, that your faith is rewarded, and that you do indeed make it.
You made the train journey I seem to remember. Well done.

silverlining48 Mon 24-Sep-18 17:06:22

* luckygirl* havnt been on a cruise in that area but know it as we have done car trips. Assuming you will be close to Alsace and Black Forest areas, both beautiful and am sure you will enjoy. It is nice to have something to look forward to.

Alima Mon 24-Sep-18 17:32:07

We haven’t done a river cruise with Leger but have done loads of their European coach trips. Have a brilliant holiday.

winterwhite Mon 24-Sep-18 17:38:26

Oh, Luckygirl, wonderful idea and sounds great. I do hope your Luck holds for you. You deserve it.sunshine

kittylester Mon 24-Sep-18 21:10:20

We've done that cruise with Riviera and absolutely loved it.

I presume it will be very similar and the one day spent sitting on the top deck of the boat, in the warm sun, sailing past fabulous castles is one of our favourite holiday memories.

Enjoy it!!

Luckygirl Mon 24-Sep-18 21:22:52

That is encouraging. I suspect the boats on riviera are a bit posher though! - just looked at their website.

We went for Leger because you get coach door-to-door. Don't really know whether it will actually happen yet - but fingers crossed.

kittylester Mon 24-Sep-18 22:10:17

That's a good idea Lucky. We caught the train in our small town, then Eurostar, then another train and then a coach. You wouldn't want all that.