Gransnet forums

Travel

Holiday Property Bond

(12 Posts)
mumofmadboys Sun 03-Mar-19 22:46:46

Do any of you have one of these and would you recommend them?

mumofmadboys Mon 04-Mar-19 07:50:09

Presumably not!!??

ninathenana Mon 04-Mar-19 07:51:05

I have no idea what this is, sorry.

Telly Mon 04-Mar-19 08:02:54

Did look into this a long time ago. Didn't seem to be good value. You can buy a lot of excellent quality holidays for the investment plus you can go where and when you want. Not for us.

glammanana Mon 04-Mar-19 09:18:40

Is this the bond you pay when booking a holiday let and is returned when inspection has been made after your holiday to check that there is no property damage ? or is it something else completly.

Jalima1108 Mon 04-Mar-19 09:49:16

Friends of ours have one mumofmadboys - it seemed to me like a kind of upmarket time share but I am not sure how it works. When we stayed with them at one we found the place lovely, quiet and peaceful and very much enjoyed our stay.
I don't know how much they paid for the bond but then you have to pay a fee for staying in a property too, plus flights if going abroad. Our friend did mention that the popular places get booked up as soon as the season starts and you can be hanging on the phone trying to book somewhere only to be disappointed. However, they are very keen, although it did not tempt us when we thought about it afterwards.

Hope that helps. smile

annsixty Mon 04-Mar-19 09:52:12

I think this the scheme advertised widely by Sue Barker where you pay a sum of money and can then choose a property pretty much anywhere so you aren't going to the same place all the time.
From the photographs they would appear to be high end properties.
I don't know anyone who has used them.
I assume it is quite expensive so would be out of my league.
Good luck if you go ahead.

Jalima1108 Mon 04-Mar-19 09:57:56

I have pmd you momb

Jane10 Mon 04-Mar-19 10:06:07

We have friends who do this/have this. They seem to get good value from it and always seem to be off to stay in one of these properties. It gets them to visit all sorts of places they might not otherwise think of going.

mumofmadboys Mon 04-Mar-19 11:24:39

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. Thx Jalima for PM

shysal Mon 04-Mar-19 12:07:09

I sent for a brochure years ago when it was advertised on TV by Judith Chalmers. I decided the scheme was not for me but they still send the brochure every season!

Floradora9 Mon 04-Mar-19 18:59:38

I thought about this many years ago because I could get a cut price loan from the bank I worked for to fund it . It took the bank ages to decide if they would approve the loan and they eventually turned me down because the funds were held in the Isle of Man . Cannot say I was too bothered but the Propery Bond salesman kept perstering us for ages afterwards. Like timeshare I would give it a miss .