Gransnet forums

Travel

Renewal of travel insurance Allclear- good news

(5 Posts)
jeanie99 Sat 02-May-20 02:51:52

Our insurance runs out on the 10th August and I am well aware any new policies with a new company will not cover Covid19.
I was delighted to hear from Allclear because we will be renewing with them we will be covered. It's the best news I've heard this year.
What I would suggest instead of shopping around is stay with your company if you want the cover.

Davidhs Sat 02-May-20 08:13:22

I would be very surprised if travel insurance excludes all Covid 19 when travel is possible again, because the situation is changing quickly there may be restrictions or exclusions where they are willing to provide cover.

Before travelling we will need to check the small print on the policies and there may well be higher premiums for some destinations.

Oopsadaisy3 Sat 02-May-20 08:45:28

Saga won’t cover anything to do with Covid , I was going to renew April 6th and they said that until April 6th 2021 they wouldn’t cover for it, they won’t even cover 2 holidays that have been postponed that were booked last year!
As we won’t be going away any time soon it seems a waste of money to get Insurance until we know we are definitely going to go away.

vampirequeen Sat 02-May-20 10:05:57

That is good news. I expected most companies to wriggle and put exclusion clauses in for Covid 19.

Davidhs Sat 02-May-20 10:26:48

I have annual multi trip, is what mine are saying.

Update: COVID-19
In light of the recent Coronavirus outbreak, Single Trip policies are currently not available for purchase until further notice.

This is because travel disruption due to Coronavirus is already widespread, and the potential for travel claims on new policies is no longer an unexpected or fortuitous event.

However, we can still consider the addition of Annual Travel cover onto an existing Home Insurance policy. This means we can continue to protect our members whilst travelling or on holiday.

It’s also important to stress people with existing policies remain unaffected.

To find out what you are and are not covered for, view our