Gransnet forums

Travel

Are you planning on holidaying this year?

(160 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 14-Jan-21 08:43:21

We've been asked to speak to BBC Scotland this morning on holidays and how people are feeling about travel this year.
According to industry experts, travel bookings have begun in earnest and people are booking longer holidays and more multigenerational ones, families who have been unable to see each during the pandemic wanting to make up for lost time. What are your thoughts?

Once you have the vaccine will you feel confident about booking a holiday?

Gcape Sun 21-Mar-21 22:46:13

I'm really struggling not seeing my grandsons 7 and 6. I will go to usa as soon as it opens.

Cherrytree59 Sun 21-Mar-21 23:29:10

This years holidays are in the lap of the Gods

End of May school half term week, we have booked a caravan holiday in Somerset with daughter and grandson (childcare bubble).
Fingers crossed it will go ahead.
(Covid insured)

We also have a holiday in France (Apartment) booked for the end of September, which was postponed from last year.
Again holiday covid insured and flights apparently can be rearranged for another time

Would love it to go ahead as DH big birthday and also ruby wedding anniversary.

But who knows during Covid19 times things change by day, if not by the minute.

DouglasJohnsonJr Thu 06-May-21 08:26:08

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

love0c Fri 07-May-21 08:24:22

Providing I do not have to have any tests before or after and no masks in the resort of choice and no restrictions I would go on holiday abroad. to sum up, I think it is highly unlikely I will be travelling abroad anytime soon. sad

Kim19 Fri 07-May-21 08:44:58

Definitely a gigantic no no for anywhere outside the UK this year. Very disappointed but that's my decision. I'm quietly confident about my own vaccination state but uncertain as to what I would encounter or bring back from places who are not yet as fortunate as us. Secondly, I suspect airport manoeuvres might be a nightmare of paperwork and testing , not to mention additional costs I'm currently reading of 6 hour queues at LHR and that's in this 'quiet' time. Perish the thought. I have current plans to invade friends and family and they will reciprocate. My heart is heavy at not seeing loved ones abroad but at least it is currently still beating and zoom is a tiny consolation until we can all meet up again safely. Gosh, this sounds depressing but I'm really not. Just want us all to be safe and never have to experience lockdown ever again.

korol Tue 22-Jun-21 20:17:47

My vacation is already planned. This is a trip to Thailand.
Thailand is a great country for a beach holiday. And each beach here is unique in its own way. In my review on BeachRadar beachradar.com/thailand/ I found an amazing beach for our family to relax. It will be a little out of the way of the big tourist spots. I have been waiting for this trip for two years! last year I went without vacation and worked online. Therefore, I hope so much that this is what will give me a good rest and relaxation.

Scentia Tue 22-Jun-21 22:41:34

We had a holiday booked to France in September and I have just cancelled it. I can’t see us being welcome abroad and I honestly do not want to go.

ScottYost Sun 05-Jun-22 17:04:17

I really like to travel. Once a year I definitely visit some islands.

greeneshawn Sun 05-Jun-22 17:09:13

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.