Gransnet forums

Travel

“Too soon to book holidays”

(28 Posts)
Blossoming Wed 10-Feb-21 13:00:29

The transport secretary Grant Shapps, speaking on the ‘Today’ programme, says people shouldn’t be booking holidays yet.

www.theguardian.com/business/2021/feb/10/too-soon-to-book-holiday-in-uk-or-abroad-says-grant-shapps-covid

Niochorio Wed 10-Feb-21 17:55:44

I have a son in Japan and a home in Crete so as soon as it is safe and we are allowed we will be on our way. I was reading an article in The Times about tourism in Greece that said the British would be so very welcome this summer as we are so far ahead with our vaccination programme.

I also have a glamping break booked in Mid Wales for the end of May. This has been re scheduled from last year and is a trip to celebrate our 33 wedding anniversary.

We all really do need these things to look forward to.

Septimia Wed 10-Feb-21 18:31:59

Back in the autumn I booked a cottage, where we go regularly, for June. It depends on a long journey and a ferry which can't be booked at the moment.

So it's all done on the understanding on both sides that it might have to be cancelled/postponed. We missed our trip last year so are really looking forward to going again, whenever that might be.