Gransnet forums

Travel

March sun advice

(107 Posts)
Lucca Sun 23-Jan-22 09:51:35

Where would you advise for a weeks sun in March ?
Just to sit in the sun and read, go for strolls, maybe take a boat trip, eat some nice food ?Don’t need night life or “entertainment “!
In Europe please….

Callistemon21 Wed 26-Jan-22 17:15:24

Grannmarie

Hi Pinkcosmos, was it Cesar Manrique?

We are having our first trip to Lanzarote in March. I understand that there are no high rise buildings as an architect (can't remember his name) insisted on it.

Yes, Cesar Manrique, a very interesting man. His sculptures can be found all over Lanzarote and worth looking out for.

There is one high rise building which caught fire before it was completely finished, I think.

The landscape is unusual (volcanic), the earth turned inside out as my DD described it when she was young. I like it.

Rosiebee Thu 10-Feb-22 15:14:29

Costa Adeje in Tenerife, busy enough to be interesting but not manic. Lovely strolls along the promenade in both directions. Tried Lanzarote once but found it very windy. Going back in about two weeks, can't wait. Hotel we stay in has a webcam and I've been checking it most days and weather has been beautiful.

Kali2 Fri 11-Feb-22 22:28:02

We will be going to Seville and Cordoba mid March- no sunbathing or swimming though.

Gwiz5 Wed 16-Mar-22 07:26:52

Portugal , algarve. Ohlos de agua. Quiet not built up , choice of hotels or private villa.
Great beaches , and only a bus/ taxi ride to villamoura if you fancy a little more life at night.

Yiayia4 Wed 16-Mar-22 07:41:12

Have just returned from Costa Teguise.Lanzarote.Warm and sunny all week.

Esspee Wed 16-Mar-22 08:09:19

coastalgran

How about a short cruise that stops at a lot of nice places to sample. Or failing that take a good read, book a tanning session locally and save on the hassle of whether or not rules change and you can actually go on holiday. Just think Australia has imposed a 5 day lockdown again, parts of Europe are still in lockdown from their Christmas/New Year period. Good luck.

I can’t believe anyone would suggest a cruise in a pandemic.