We have done all our Broads holidays at Easter or earlier, when the broads are much quieter. One year it was early March and I think we were the only hire boat out. The boat was built for comfort not beauty and had an effective heater and we saw so much wildlife. The downside was that many of the waterside fuel and water facilities were not open.
The other thing is that if in a boat always, always, always wear life jackets, this especially applies to children, including teenagers, who can get up to larks without seeing the dangers. Our rule has always been that adults set a good example by wearing their life jackets.
We too have sailed on the Broads, again at Easter. That was back in our university days - we did meet through the University Saiing Club (see other thread on this subject).
Burnham - rejoin Europe in one shape or form?
not a great one for gadgets but some I have bought
My father 81 needs wrist surgery for a bad fracture and I am worried
