Gransnet forums

Travel

Holiday options without car

(28 Posts)
Greenfinch Fri 28-Oct-22 13:23:08

I would highly recommend Lochs and Glens. We had a lovely Mountains and Mistletoe holiday with them last year and intend to use them next Spring. They are very caring and efficient and have loads of pick up points and they are excellent value for money. Try a short break with them first.

Calendargirl Fri 28-Oct-22 13:22:23

We have used Shearings in the past. They are part of Leger now. We had a recent Leger Luxuria tour, and talking to others, sounds like Shearings now seem to be the lower end of the coach market.

Plus they don’t pick up locally to us any more, which isn’t very convenient, whereas Leger do.

If anyone else still finds Shearings ok, please say. I am only quoting what others have said.

bookwormbabe Fri 28-Oct-22 13:15:21

As we are without a car for the foreseeable due to my husband having to surrender his license for medical reasons and me not driving, we are looking to book a car-free holiday for next year, preferably with no flying involved and local departure points by coach or train. I was wondering whether anyone has used and has thoughts on any of the following:

Rail Discoveries
Railtrail
Great Railway Journeys
Shearings (we have previously used Leger, but no experience of Shearings)
Lochs and Glens
Just Go!