Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

One born every minute

(5 Posts)
Oldgreymare Thu 05-Jan-12 10:10:04

Crying when the babies are born, well the babe whose soldier Dad was off to Afghanistan (I do hope he comes home safely!)
Feeling a very odd urge to push when the Mums do.... mad or what![blush[

shysal Thu 05-Jan-12 09:43:20

The large baby's father was rather volatile. I fear he will find it difficult to cope with the usual new baby scenario - disturbed sleep, crying etc., hope he stays off the drink (his parents had to stop him going off to the pub when he was anxious about the health of the baby).
I too spent most of the programme in tears. There are often emergencies in this type of show, but the outcome is always happy. I know the worst could happen, but I don't think I would be able to watch if this was shown [coward emoticon].

Libradi Thu 05-Jan-12 08:37:26

That's true Greatnan my DGD no 2 born 4 weeks ago was 9lb 13oz and I think is beautiful (I am bias of course wink)

Greatnan Thu 05-Jan-12 08:18:44

I think all babies are beautiful to their mother and grandmother! (10 lbs. 13 oz. is certainly way above average - I found 8 lbs. quite enough!.

Libradi Thu 05-Jan-12 08:00:31

Did anyone else watch this programme on channel 4 last night? I cried as usual each time a baby was born. Had to laugh to myself though about the girl who had a baby of 10lb 10oz, when he was born he looked huge, I couldn't believe how big he looked. A little later they announced his weight and I realised that he was actually smaller than my DD, she was 10lb 13oz. Although I knew she was a big baby I never really thought she looked that much different than anyone else's, she was just beautiful to me as was my DS who was born 1st and weighed in at 9lb 13oz and is now 6'ft 3!