Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Celebrity Big Brother.

(29 Posts)
Greatnan Sat 01-Sep-12 19:49:28

I started watching this series because I was intrigued by the combination of Julie Goodyear, Samantha Brick, Julian Clary, Coleen Nolan and Martin Kemp. I didn't know any of the others.
I find Julie Goodyear revolting to watch -she seems to be chewing all the time with her mouth open.
I warmed to Samantha Brick - I think her daft article about how beautiful she is was just a commission to get herself some publicity. And it worked!
It is toe-curling when they are slagging off each other in private and then hugging each other - such hypocrisy.
I couldn't understand why the two men fell for Dannica, who seemed rather less than beautiful to me.

NfkDumpling Sun 02-Sep-12 19:30:20

Like Anno I saw George Galloway and that was it! Every time he's on tv now I just see the red catsuit. Ugh!

I have tried to watch it since 'cos so many people seem to enjoy it, but I didn't recognise anyone and got bored.

Greatnan Sun 02-Sep-12 20:11:51

Yes, it would get very boring if you watched it for long - their conversations are very banal, especially the young ones. I just pick up the last fifteen minutes at night because they usually show the bits where they are being nasty about each other! (I feel quite at home!)
It is funny when they first come in, because some of them are not famous at all, and the others have to ask 'What do you do'.

shysal Sat 08-Sep-12 16:01:45

I was surprised that Julian won, thought it was going to be Martin. I did not really care as long as it was not Julie Goodyear! I thought she was playing on the 'disabled pensioner' description of herself rather too much during the viewers' voting period.