Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Icecream Girls

(7 Posts)
sunflowersuffolk Sat 20-Apr-13 20:18:00

Did anyone see this last night? New 3 part drama on ITV. I quite enjoyed it, a bit slow perhaps, It's another one set by the English seaside, meant to be Brighton but apparently was filmed in Bray, Ireland. Two teenage friends one murders teacher/boyfriend and is acquitted and the other is wrongly convicted. The story starts 17 years later when she is released.

The book is by Dorothy Koonsom, but apparently they've changed things quite a lot on the TV programme which I always find annoying. May try the book now.

Ana Sat 20-Apr-13 20:20:11

I've read the book and didn't really fancy the tv adaptation. Wasn't over-impressed by the book, to be honest!

vegasmags Sat 20-Apr-13 20:27:03

I'm with you Ana in that I didn't enjoy the book and thought I wouldn't like the TV version either.

Tegan Sat 20-Apr-13 20:31:09

Really wanted to see this as I've love Jodhi May [sp]ever since she was in Last of the Mohicans [which I rewatched the other night and cried all the way through it yet again]. But I decided to watch the programme about Josiah Wedgewood instead [and then fell asleep half way through it sad].I do that a lot these days...

tanith Sat 20-Apr-13 22:38:10

I also read the book and didn't bother with the program, not a memorable read .

Flowerofthewest Sun 21-Apr-13 09:48:02

Enjoying it so far. Was going to purchase the book but won't now after comments, will, hopefully, still enjoy TV version

Charleygirl Sun 21-Apr-13 13:23:18

I enjoyed the first episode, compared with Downchurch which is going at snail's pace, this one is racing along.