Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Ordinary Lies

(24 Posts)
Eloethan Mon 06-Apr-15 23:28:35

I nearly didn't start watching this as one preview I read described the story lines as unbelievable. I agree they are pretty far fetched but the acting and script are so good. I'm thoroughly enjoying it - and I thought Michelle Keegan's performance in her "story" the other week was very convincing.

kittylester Tue 07-Apr-15 07:22:24

I've seen the first 2 and have no 3 recorded! I thought Jason Manford was very good.

Coolgran65 Tue 07-Apr-15 08:16:28

Excellent, and also funny.

Lona Tue 07-Apr-15 08:27:49

Yes, I've watched them and I think they're very good, well acted too. Jason Manford was excellent and I'm a big fan of Max Beasley (not just for his acting!) blush

Pittcity Tue 07-Apr-15 08:39:15

I'm waiting for McKenzie Crook's story. He has been seen but not heard so far....

Teetime Tue 07-Apr-15 08:51:32

Me too I'm really enjoying it- something different I thought.

henetha Tue 07-Apr-15 09:44:34

I'm enjoying this series very much more than I thought I would. Looking forward to tonight's

kittylester Tue 07-Apr-15 09:56:30

Lona I loved him in that medical thing with Keith Allen which might have been called Cardiac Arrest!

KatyK Tue 07-Apr-15 10:05:38

I'm enjoying this too.

suzied Tue 07-Apr-15 13:06:51

yes its great, but I wouldn't buy a used car at that dealership!

tanith Tue 07-Apr-15 13:13:29

I've enjoyed it too, the stories are very well linked to each other too..

Tegan Tue 07-Apr-15 13:58:18

I wasn't too keen on the first one [I cringe inwardly watching anyone in embarrassing situations so it was uncomforatble viewing] but hadn't realised that the stories were interrelated. I, too, am a great fan of Mackenzie Crooke [The Detectorists was a little gem] so will watch it just to see him.

Lona Tue 07-Apr-15 14:04:47

Didn't see that kitty! What have I missed? shock

kittylester Tue 07-Apr-15 14:10:50

It was years ago Lona, I expect you were too young! grin

We saw MacKenzie Crooke in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at the Edinburgh Fringe - he was brilliant!! He was really good in The Cafe too. We didn't watch the Detectorists but DS1 bought us the DVDs for Christmas so we really ought to find time to watch them!

GillT57 Tue 07-Apr-15 14:19:26

I too am really enjoying this. It is like 'Clocking off' a few years ago when all the characters and stories were separate but connected. It is a well written example of how things aren't always as they seem, how there is always two sides to every story. Well acted too by a good cast of character actors.

Lona Tue 07-Apr-15 15:28:50

Thanks kitty grin but I'll be 70 next year!!

rosesarered Tue 14-Apr-15 22:46:55

Must find this on catch up.

Coolgran65 Wed 15-Apr-15 00:28:28

Just gets better and better.

Lona Wed 15-Apr-15 07:38:40

It does! Another excellent episode with excellent acting.

POGS Wed 15-Apr-15 09:29:24

It's a good series and I like the fact it concentrates on the characters one at a time.

She was a saucy minx wasn't she! Watch the quiet ones as they say. grin

Having said that I would like to know if the girl is still in prison for drug smuggling or have I missed that story line conclusion, I can drift a bit.

ginny Mon 04-May-15 09:09:07

Really enjoyed this series and hoping that there will be more. There are lots of loose ends to tie up so I think it is likely.

sara4 Mon 04-May-15 19:45:23

POGS, I think someone mentioned in passing that she was being sent back to England to serve out her prison sentence. The 'friend' who got her into this trouble said she wanted to visit her.

Eloethan Tue 05-May-15 00:00:43

Did the "friend" - Michelle Keegan - get her into trouble? I missed the start of that episode. I thought they both decided to get involved in the drug smuggling thing and the girl who was picked up had, unknown to the girls, already been set up as the "decoy" to draw attention away from the several other girls carrying drugs?

kittylester Tue 05-May-15 10:04:17

I watched the last one of these last night and some things that were in the trailer don't appear to have been in any episodes - or did I sleep through some of it?

Max Beesley said in a trailer, I think, that his wife's clothes were at the charity shop - did he say that in one of the programmes? There were other things that were 'missing' too1 confused