Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Holby

(16 Posts)
ninathenana Thu 09-Jul-15 09:06:00

Maybe cringe worthy was the wrong term. I meant I cringe watching it because I just know his association with Mo's dad is going to end in disaster. Yes, it's a sad story but did they have to turn the lovely Fletch into a criminal.

Jane10 Wed 08-Jul-15 13:21:02

Its all so obvious. I know its Holby but a story line a bit more subtle would be nice.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 08-Jul-15 13:03:25

Not cringeworthy. But very worrying. He needs to stay away from the bad guys. But he is desperate. sad

Ana Wed 08-Jul-15 12:05:16

cringeworthy

Ana Wed 08-Jul-15 12:05:00

Why is it cringeworth? I feel very sorry for him and his family...confused

Jane10 Wed 08-Jul-15 12:03:19

Yes the Fletch thing is absolutely cringeworthy!

Ana Wed 08-Jul-15 11:31:17

Ethan's the one she's got her eye on! His brother's Cal, who's a bit of an all-round cad...

ninathenana Wed 08-Jul-15 11:18:04

half not have

ninathenana Wed 08-Jul-15 11:17:23

Mo is the surgeon who really does need to get it on with her obstetrician smile It's not Arthur's brother that Lilly is after, he hasn't got a brother in the programme. It's one have of dumb and dumber grin whose names escape me. The whole Fletch thing is cringe worthy.

Jane10 Wed 08-Jul-15 10:42:24

glamma I could never stand Chrissie and her unconvincing nurse director Dad, Robert Powell. Its so interesting that secretaries can go from that to being fully qualified nurses in no time and nurses can become doctors virtually over night or have secretly been Drs all along. Elliott's brain tumour has cleared up nicely too ( I know he had surgery but still!).
I'm a bit sick of thingy (name gone-senior moment) the cardiac surgeon with the pathetic obstetrician pining after her. Whatever, I still love it!

merlotgran Wed 08-Jul-15 10:31:50

I haven't watched it since Anton Meyer left. sad

kittylester Wed 08-Jul-15 09:39:42

I've not watched Holby since DD and the children moved in. It is still on series link but I periodically have to delete loads of episodes. I can't wait to get back to it!

glammanana Wed 08-Jul-15 09:34:42

I love it,I am waiting to see how Arthurs panic attacks turn out over the next few weeks and see if the delightful Dr Chow gets involved with his brother.Isn't Nurse Chrissy due back to marry one of the Doctors by now she usually pops up every couple of years.lol.grin

ninathenana Wed 08-Jul-15 09:25:14

I love it smile and it's sister programme casualty.
As you say not at all realistic but hey. I love diagnosing the patients before the "doctors"

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 08-Jul-15 09:15:57

Never mind. grin Just enjoy.

Best programme on the box. IMO! smile

(got to watch yesterday's again - dozed off! (no reflection on the programme!)) hmm

Jane10 Wed 08-Jul-15 09:09:30

I can't help it but I'm addicted to this programme. Its not very realistic in general but the main blooper for me is that all the staff and visitors can always park right at the front! I've spent years of my life trudging to hospitals from the back of distant car parks. Bah!