Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Your favourite comedy sketch

(74 Posts)
crun Fri 02-Oct-15 23:45:00

"What did you expect to see from the window of a Torquay guest house, herds of wildebeest galloping majestically across the plains?" smile

glammanana Fri 02-Oct-15 23:36:15

Most of the above and Del Boy when the blow up dolls all explode in his living room.
Anything from Rising Damp with Leonard Rossiter & Miss Jones hilarious.

Nelliemoser Fri 02-Oct-15 23:32:26

Morcambe and Wise for me, they still make me laugh.

annodomini Fri 02-Oct-15 23:10:04

Monty Python: the dead parrot sketch.

Not a sketch, but the scene in Fawlty Towers in which Basil beats up his car with a branch off a tree.

Envious Fri 02-Oct-15 23:09:04

Abbott and Costello Who's on first always makes me chuckle. I recently was made aware of Tommy Cooper. Never saw him on TV here but I'm sure he visited the U.S. Just looking at the faces he made makes me smile. Sad to of passed on stage. sad

rosequartz Fri 02-Oct-15 23:03:12

All the above, especially Eric and Ernie and Mr Preview, also the Antony and Cleopatra sketch with Glenda Jackson.
Del Boy and the bar; the chandelier

They just don't make them like that any more

Eloethan Fri 02-Oct-15 22:55:29

Julie Waters' "Two Soups" elderly waitress

numberplease Fri 02-Oct-15 22:37:28

Can I also add from the radio,
Norman Evans, Over the garden wall
and
The Bob Newhardt monologues, most of which I have on records.

NotTooOld Fri 02-Oct-15 22:35:23

Only Fools and Horses - Del in red braces and camel coat, holding a Filofax and leaning on the bar ............ which had been raised. Hilarious.

numberplease - I used to love Dave Allen, too, especially his jokes about priests and Catholics (sorry, don't mean to offend anyone).

Deedaa Fri 02-Oct-15 22:29:39

Dave Allen's story about the apple and the orange and the piece of string is one of my favourites especially as we never found out what the man did with them!

Four candles, singing in the rain, "I am playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order", Dud and Pete in the Tate Gallery , Monty Python's Dead Parrot, Basil the Rat and beating the car with the tree - I've come so close to doing that!

numberplease Fri 02-Oct-15 22:25:37

Almost any involving
Morecambe and Wise,
The Two Ronnies
Dave Allen

When I was much, much younger, I loved listening to Al Read on the radio, especially the ones starting with "Dad, can I.........?"
And also on the radio, Ted Lune and his letters from his Mam.

Modern day comedy sketches don`t do anything for me, I`m afraid.

crun Fri 02-Oct-15 21:29:59

The Fork 'andles sketch always reminds me of Grippers in Chelmsford, it was like walking into a time warp in there.

crun Fri 02-Oct-15 21:24:08

Mr Creosote
Biggus Dickus
The HiFi shop
This one's not off the telly, but it's good though.
This isn't supposed to be comedy, but it is.

Dave Allen's firing squad sketch is hilarious, but I've never found it on YT.

crun Fri 02-Oct-15 20:59:17

Constable Savage

hildajenniJ Fri 02-Oct-15 20:15:23

If I can't have "fork 'handles, then my other favourite would be Morecambe and Wise making breakfast to " The Stripper"?

rosesarered Fri 02-Oct-15 20:08:24

grin yes, that's a great sketch Ana.

grannylyn65 Fri 02-Oct-15 20:00:03

With chocolatepudding!

Ana Fri 02-Oct-15 19:58:35

Monty Python's 'Four Yorkshiremen'.

'Cardboard box? You were lucky, 26 of us lived in a rolled-up newspaper in the middle of the road...' (not exactly right, but you get the drift...grin)

rosesarered Fri 02-Oct-15 19:55:26

Stella Street......The Zulu Party

rosesarered Fri 02-Oct-15 19:54:56

The Fast Show ( all of them!)

rosesarered Fri 02-Oct-15 19:54:13

Fawlty Towers, The Hotel Inspector.

chocolatepudding Fri 02-Oct-15 19:15:46

I love the 4 candles etc but this Morecombe and Wise with Mr Preview is excellent too

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7GeKLE0x3s

shysal Fri 02-Oct-15 17:39:55

The first one that came to my mind was the Two Ronnies' fork 'andles/four candles sketch, although more will occur to me I am sure.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ

TriciaF Fri 02-Oct-15 17:27:48

Going back to my comment on another thread about "Funny you should say that...." reminded me of this one:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvQq_tqB0jA
A bit rude in parts (but maybe not by today's standards) but still makes me laugh.
I knew Dudley as a young man, he was a friend of my ex. Then he went off to America, but still remembered his roots. Sad that he died so young.