Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Capital

(10 Posts)
Matella Thu 10-Dec-15 21:46:57

I really enjoyed it. I wish there were more such dramas with excellent casts.

rosequartz Thu 10-Dec-15 21:23:00

Yes, that bit was sad, although I found the third episode a bit of a damp squib after the tremendous build-up in the first two episodes.

Tegan Thu 10-Dec-15 20:33:58

Oh, that was heartbreaking, wasn't it sad.

Elrel Thu 10-Dec-15 19:00:04

Watched the first episode when I couldn't find anything else on last week. Was very taken with it so caught up in time to watch the final episode with everyone else and avoid spoilers. Great acting, Toby Jones especially, how versatile is that man!! Contemporary issues, humour and heartbreak, rarely predictable. Still thinking about the deported traffic warden, and the real women suffering the same fate.

Teetime Thu 10-Dec-15 14:40:33

I really enjoyed it especially Bogdan the Builder- liked the book as well.

ninathenana Thu 10-Dec-15 13:37:50

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Alima Thu 10-Dec-15 13:05:03

The book is very good. Thought the TV adaptation really did it justice. The final scene of the second episode where the police arrested the guy from the shop was brilliantly shocking.

felice Thu 10-Dec-15 13:01:24

One of the few programmes I actually looked forward to watching, excellent.

Charleygirl Thu 10-Dec-15 12:52:23

I agree, very different and was not dragged on for weeks and weeks.

Tegan Thu 10-Dec-15 12:32:13

Last episode the other night. One of the best things I've seen on the telly for a long long time [and there are some pretty amazing things on at the moment]. Funny, sad, thought provoking [I could go on]. My one problem was seeing Toby Jones married to McKenzie Crookes wife [in Detectorists; another gem of a series] but I'll have to forgive them because they were so good in their roles. Written several years ago by someone who can't believe that nothing has changed in the intervening years. Even the title itself was a brilliant play on words.