Didn't realise that was on 'commercial television'. tchsmile

whitewave Mon 21-Dec-15 21:12:44

Nor me! I used to be in love with Robin Hood

whitewave Mon 21-Dec-15 21:15:18

Bod!

Ana Mon 21-Dec-15 21:29:21

Morph!

whitewave Mon 21-Dec-15 21:32:06

Didn't know Tony Hart was in the Gherkas (don't know how to spell that)

Ana Mon 21-Dec-15 21:35:12

They said he'd been accepted, but not whether he'd actually joined, I don't think...

Ana Mon 21-Dec-15 21:38:48

Oh, according to Wikipedia he 'started off as an officer in a Gurkha regiment'.

whitewave Mon 21-Dec-15 21:43:08

Oh Gurkha!!! Not gherka as in gherkin!

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 21-Dec-15 21:57:11

Can't imagine Tony Hart being a soldier. He was such a quiet, peaceful seeming person. Even slightly 'wet'! tchshock

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 21-Dec-15 21:59:08

It was the golden age.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 21-Dec-15 22:03:02

Do you know, my grandsons don't get to watch any children's television. There is always something or other they are doing after school. My DDs went to Brownies one night, and that was it. Things have changed.

whitewave Mon 21-Dec-15 22:06:44

Yes my DD seems to spend her life ferrying them around -I do think they spend too much time racing around from music lessons to football to archery to extra tutoring and on it goes

Jomarie Mon 21-Dec-15 23:28:05

Seems to be two extremes going on with TV - either far too much or far too little - getting the right balance must be extremely difficult for parents nowadays. Glad I had children when TV for them was very restricted until, of course, the video recorder came along.......... I do remember my youngest (now 35) watching Ateam over and over again while I chatted with a friend!! Anybody else guilty as me?? Really am finding it difficult to find those rose tinted glasses that so many people seem to wear nowadays - should I go to Specsavers or Lidl/Aldi for these? grin

Greyduster Tue 22-Dec-15 08:50:39

My daughter doesn't let GS watch much tv; like jingl's grandsons he only has a couple of evenings when his time is not taken up with after school clubs, swimming, cubs and football training. He watches more here than he does at home and even then it will be rationed to a favourite film or something football related that DH has taped for him. It never occurred to me to ration tv for either of mine and it was rarely on during the day, but their viewing habits didn't seem to have a marked effect on them becoming intelligent well rounded individuals.