Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Trapped

(110 Posts)
AyjayF Sat 13-Feb-16 22:56:35

Blimey O'Reilly this good!

Tegan Tue 08-Mar-16 22:30:31

Noooo..what I meant was I can now fast forward to the bit where I fell asleep and start watching from there rather than have to watch from the beginning [which is what I was doing]. I can read quite fast but not THAT fast grin. I didn't like the Wallander with the man boobs; the one I liked had the nice dog [Jussi [sp]].

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 08-Mar-16 22:26:25

Tegan sorry, just spotted your post, so which Wallander did you like then? grin

How can you fast forward through a subtitled show?! grin If you're falling asleep in episode 3, maybe you should give up. wink

WilmaKnickersfit Tue 08-Mar-16 22:21:07

I have mixed feelings about Wallander.

It was one of the first subtitled TV series we watched and recently we realised we'd missed some of them and sat down to watch one. It was so slow and quite dated too, but what put us off the most is we'd not known that over the years, 3 different actors play Wallander. We really only liked Rolf Lassgård in the role, so in the end we gave up watching the shows we'd missed because it was the other actors in the leading role. I would certainly recommend watching the ones starring Rolf Lassgård. Others might feel differently though. One thing though, if you watched the English remake with Kenneth Brannagh as Wallander, the plots are basically just the same, so you'll know 'who done it! grin

Tegan Tue 08-Mar-16 21:54:38

Depends which one it is; there were two Wallanders [well, three if you include the English Kenneth Brannagh series which wasn't as good]and I only liked [ie fancied blush]one of them, but it was the Scandi drama that got most people hooked on them.

NanKate Tue 08-Mar-16 21:45:36

I've just found Wallander on one of my apps. Is it worth watching ?

Tegan Tue 08-Mar-16 09:36:05

Oh joy; I have realised there's a fast forward button on my remote control that I can use. Even so I'm now falling asleep during episode 3. Thus far the police have done some very stupid things...I mean there's a limit to how many vital bits of evidence they can lose in just two episodes isn't there shock....? [actually, not even two episodes....the two main bits of evidence disappeared within half an hour of each other.....]

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 07-Mar-16 23:42:59

That sounds like a relaxing Saturday night! grin

Last 2 episodes on Saturday. wink

merlotgran Mon 07-Mar-16 23:29:03

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's not entirely sure.

It was chaos in our house. The dogs were taunting the cat. She was hissing and smacking them round the chops. I'm shouting at DH, 'Whose trousers?'
He's shouting at the dogs and swearing he hasn't a clue what's going on and he only watches it because I like it. hmm

Roll on next week. grin

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 07-Mar-16 23:24:18

That's not to say the boyfriend didn't borrow the jeans! wink

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 07-Mar-16 23:22:52

Doh! Took too long - bad internet connection here in our caravan! grin

Marelli Mon 07-Mar-16 23:21:49

Ah - thanks for that, wilmaknickerfit! I've just nudged (dozing) DH to tell him who the trousers belonged to. He was really pleased.... grin

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 07-Mar-16 23:13:56

Couldn't wait. It is the FiL's jeans (definitely jeans, although subtitles said 'pants'). Shame, I was hoping it would be the boyfriend's! grin

grannyactivist Mon 07-Mar-16 23:07:17

The key was in the pocket of Eiríkur Davidsson, Agnes's father, not her boyfriend. The 'stench' referred to was presumably the smell of smoke.

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 07-Mar-16 23:02:51

That would make more sense. Tomorrow I will replay the bit where the MiL tells Andri not to put the jeans in the machine (actually I thought it was overalls) and check the name she says. wink

Marelli Mon 07-Mar-16 22:56:41

Luckygirl, is the padlock key not from the trouser-pocket of Andri's wife's boyfriend, though? confused

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 07-Mar-16 22:51:49

Bit of a turn up for the books that his FiL might have burnt the mayor, but I don't think it was the FiL who went into the shed. Another twist.

I find the police woman's husband creepy and keep expecting him to make a move on the older girl.

Luckygirl Mon 07-Mar-16 22:38:38

Andri is a whopper! - I was quite worried that his wife might suffocate when they started a bit of nookie - I doubt he can find the vital organ anyway!

I misunderstood about the padlock key - I thought it was from the trousers of the wife's new man. Thank you for putting me right.

WilmaKnickersfit Mon 07-Mar-16 21:03:39

Tegan I've only seen the ship's captain before? Who else have you spotted?

trisher Mon 07-Mar-16 19:42:13

Love it. Didn't think much to leading man at first but he is starting to grow on me!

tanith Mon 07-Mar-16 18:35:51

Tegan right at the bottom you can slide the timing button forward to the place you want..

Tegan Mon 07-Mar-16 17:40:40

Trouble is people from The Killing keep popping up. Do they have a shortage of Scandinavian actors? I can't seem to fast forward catchup tv so have to watch the whole lot again, usually falling asleep in the same place.

Marelli Mon 07-Mar-16 16:56:51

You did better than me, Tegan, because I fell asleep 10 minutes into the first episode! I watched the 2 episodes yesterday smile. I love it! I also do think he's a lovely teddy-bear of a man.... wink

Tegan Mon 07-Mar-16 16:04:56

...yet again I fell asleep half way through episode 2...it's going to take me a long time to catch up at this rate sad...

tiredoldwoman Mon 07-Mar-16 15:58:56

Yes, he makes my heart throb ! He's kind, patient , likes his milk and now is showing passion and wanting his wife back ! I want to buy him a big cosy coat and wrap him up in it !!

grannylyn65 Mon 07-Mar-16 15:52:31

grin