Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Indian Summers

(10 Posts)
NotTooOld Sun 22-May-16 20:46:23

roses - DH tells me it was when I had it on HD that the chattering monkeys started up. I did ask him why but I didn't understand the answer and I couldn't face listening to the explanation again. confused

Sunday nights are very dull now that Indian Summers and The Durrells have finished.

nigglynellie Sun 22-May-16 19:49:11

I've loved Indian Summers, and thank goodness that ghastly husband was killed by the mob. Julie Walters was fantastic, and the whole series was very satisfactory! No more though?! Just like Home Fires, the moment you get into something, that's the end of it! Very disappointing!

rosesarered Sun 22-May-16 19:43:18

I still have one episide to see as I record everything. The music may have changed slightly, but is still good, no chattering monkeys, must be your set NotTo
Have really enjoyed the series.

whitewave Sun 22-May-16 18:12:06

Viewing figures dropped so it was pulled, which really surprised me asI liked it a lot.

NotTooOld Sun 22-May-16 18:05:51

I've just watched the last episode of Indian Summers and really enjoyed it but can anyone enlighten me as to what happened to Ralph? I know he didn't get the Viceroy job and then he resigned but what's he going to do now? We need another series of this but I believe there is not going to be one.

rosesarered Mon 28-Mar-16 12:01:14

I recorded it and watched last night, the lovely colours were still there but I was puzzled and thought something was a bit different about it, so it may be that the music has changed ( why? It was lovely).

NotTooOld Mon 28-Mar-16 10:33:02

She is, isn't she, Teetime? Julie Walters is such a good actress. Well, if no-one else has noticed the 'monkeys' it must be our TV. I'll inform DH who will spend a happy hour or two tinkering with the set.

Teetime Mon 28-Mar-16 10:16:00

I didn't notice- I do enjoy this programme though Julie Walters is fabulously horrendous!

Jane10 Mon 28-Mar-16 06:55:24

I can't say I've noticed that about the titles. I love watching this programme but more for the beautiful setting and clothes etc. I don't really like most of the characters though! The writers aren't keen on the British!

NotTooOld Sun 27-Mar-16 22:05:49

I really like this programme but what's happened to the titles? The beautiful colours are now accompanied by weird chattering noises. Last week I first thought it was meant to be evocative of monkeys and then I thought our TV must be playing up but it's the same this week. Has anyone else noticed this?