Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Archers Addicts 5 !!!!!

(909 Posts)
phoenix Sat 24-Sep-16 16:44:21

So, as the trial has been and gone, we are all glad that Helen won, and Rob had his true self revealed, will the rift 'tween Adam & Ian be healed?

Whose jam will be judged to be the best? Will Joe approach his final rest?

Will Grange Farm rent be paid on time?

Can I be arsed inspired to write more drivel rhyme?

Away we go!

suzied Sat 24-Sep-16 16:49:26

Will Kirsty and Tom get together again?
Will Dr L and Elizabeth?
Will Pip and Toby ...
Will Josh get his mushroom business off the ground and stop being annoying?
..so many questions

merlotgran Sat 24-Sep-16 17:03:54

Thanks for the new thread, phoenix.

I'm hoping that realising Rob has succeeded in breaking them up, Adam and Ian will get back together.

Helen will hurry up and start divorce proceedings.

Rob will be turned down for a mortgage so will have to go cap in hand to Bruce for a loan.

Ed makes a success of sheep farming.

Lynda Snell wins the Freda Fry Best in Show.

phoenix Sat 24-Sep-16 17:08:15

It's all good, isn't it! grin So much to look forward to!

Back to loads of varied plot lines, still wish my question ages back re Lilian and Justin had been answered though wink

Gracesgran Sat 24-Sep-16 18:03:36

So, we reached what we thought was the denouement of the Rob/Helen story and yet it isn't and, as you have all shown, there are so many more questions than answers. You're right phoenix so much to look forward tosmile and lovely to have you all to discuss it with.

AyjayF Sat 24-Sep-16 19:06:23

Sorry to have forgotten Phoenix but what was your Lillian/ Justin question?

phoenix Sat 24-Sep-16 23:48:23

Oh dear, AyjayF blush I'm slightly ashamed to say it involved drugs and (ahem) lubrication. blush blush

Still, I expect others may have had had the same thought?

(Please tell me it wasn't only me!)

Iam64 Sun 25-Sep-16 01:45:38

I'm away so I haven't heard recent episodes and feel bereft. That's addiction for you. Thanks for the new thread Phoenix and for your cracking questions.
I hope Rob doesn't get a mortgage, how could he, no deposit, Ambridge will be an expensive area and he hasn't had a full time, properly paid job since he left Berrow Farm. In RL he'd have no chance. So, number 1 the green?

Helen should crack on with divorcing him but you can bet a personality like Rob would never agree to divorce on the grounds of his unreasonable behaviour, he'd refuse to sign the papers and either demand she accepted divorce on the grounds of her ÜB or wait two years for the no fault, irretrievable breakdown.
Gracesgran, he won't wait long for the psych assessment because it will be ordered by the Court, though there can be a delay of say twelve weeks to get the sought after psychologists.

AyjayF Sun 25-Sep-16 08:50:37

Thank goodness for anonymous online shopping ,eh Lillian + Justin for all your intimate needs.

Gracesgran Sun 25-Sep-16 12:20:07

Thanks Iam I thought there would be a delay in RL because of the shortage of psychologists. TA may choose to do it quicker for the storyline but meanwhile Rob will call baby Jack Gideon and, I would guess, have impossible expectations of a small baby. Stay close Tony!

merlotgran Sun 25-Sep-16 13:15:51

Poor Giddyjack. He barely knows Tony, let alone Rob. Surely Pat and Tony could have done it together seeing as it's the first contact visit?

He's a baby, not a novelty toy.

Lazigirl Sun 25-Sep-16 15:46:16

I agree with the addiction Iam. We're going to Sicily soon and am already wondering if can pick up podcasts there? My life revolves around listening at 7. Woe betide anyone who calls then! Thanks phoenix for new thread, I think this is absolutely the nicest thread on GN (the low carb one is pretty nice too).

Daddima Sun 25-Sep-16 16:35:27

I fear Wob may worm his way back into Hellin's affections to get control of Giddyjack, and she'll be stupid enough to fall for it.

Gracesgran Sun 25-Sep-16 19:21:31

Rob must be feeling quite challenged at the moment. Umm ... poor man.

grin

merlotgran Sun 25-Sep-16 19:34:02

They really are going to have to explain what's going on to Henry. He's getting on for six so not too young to be told why he can no longer see Rob. Obviously he'll be confused and upset but avoiding the issue will only make it worse in the long run.

I notice Rob called Jack, Myson and not Gideon grin

phoenix Sun 25-Sep-16 19:48:33

NOOOOO! No way will Helen fall into that awful mans arms (metaphorical or otherwise) again!!!!!

Or will she?....................shock

No, definitely not, I think/hope she is stronger than that, plus the family would sooner imprison her in a polytunnel with the speciality lettuces than let that happen!

merlot you are right, Henwee will have to be told something sooner or later, but what?????

merlotgran Sun 25-Sep-16 19:52:21

Ooooh! There's a cracking spoiler on the Mumsnet thread

Can't wait!

LullyDully Sun 25-Sep-16 23:31:30

Looks next Sunday will be a satisfying episode for all the Rob haters around. Can't wait.

Iam64 Mon 26-Sep-16 00:54:38

I listened on catch up and thought Tony was a good father and grandfather, kept it all calm and civil with Rob and distracted Henry. Yes Henry can and should be given a simple, honest but age appropriate reason as to why he isn't allowed to see daddy. It's inevitable they'll meet up at some point.

Let's hope the psychological assessment rules rob out of anything other than a brief written update on giddyjack or better yet, nothing at all. Imagine being a Helen and having to manage any kingpins of direct contact for the next eighteen years, with Henry unable to understand why jack sees daddy but he doesn't,

suzied Mon 26-Sep-16 05:28:20

What does Henwee know about his parentage? I thought children were told about AI , adoption etc , in simple terms, from day one these days. He'll have to be told about the birds and the bees and that Rob isn't actually his daddy, so that's why he isn't included in the visits. Confusing for the poor little chap, but the sooner the better.

merlotgran Mon 26-Sep-16 10:25:44

I like the newly empowered Tony. Long may it last.

AyjayF Mon 26-Sep-16 10:35:43

Just tell Henry the facts + let him winge. He couldn't get any more irritating.

merlotgran Mon 26-Sep-16 13:36:58

grin

You're all heart, Ayjay

He irritates the hell out of me as well.

A while back, DS caught me listening to the episode when Henry was talking about the apps on his tablet. He said it sounded like Terry Wogan taking the piss mickey out of Janet and John.

A strong storyline, involving a child, that could run for years merits a real child actor and not an adult putting on a three year old voice which sounds ridiculous.

Especially as Henry is nearly six!

shysal Mon 26-Sep-16 15:17:54

I read in the Radio Times some time ago that due to child labour laws the actor who plays Henry records his lines separately. The rest of the cast has never met him. This led me to believe that he was actually played by a child.

Lazigirl Mon 26-Sep-16 17:03:31

You may be right Graces. I tried to research this and blogs suggest it is an adult female with synthesised voice playing Henry. If so wonder what age Henry will have to reach for them to start using an actual actor. Perhaps when his voice drops!