Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Last Tango in Halifax is coming back!

(20 Posts)
Alima Sat 19-Nov-16 13:16:16

A two-part opener is due to be shown at Christmas. My joy is complete, love that programme!

KatyK Sat 19-Nov-16 13:19:36

There is an interview in the Daily Mail today with Derek Jacobi and Ann Reid. Ann was complaining that the new series is focusing more on the younger folks rather than her and Derek. Bizarrely the pair of them have released a CD (singing together). I too love the programme.

shysal Sat 19-Nov-16 13:22:47

Great news!tchsmile

henetha Sat 19-Nov-16 13:27:33

Brilliant! Wish it was ten parts. Such a lovely programme.

Ana Sat 19-Nov-16 13:27:44

Ann Reid does seem to be a bit of a complainer. I've never forgotten how dismissive she was of the GN award she won - voted best older acress of the year or something similar...

Love the prgramme, though!

bikergran Sat 19-Nov-16 13:40:07

oooo Cnt wait smile

merlotgran Sat 19-Nov-16 14:17:02

Love the programme but agree with Ana about Anne Reid. I wanted to give her a slap and tell her to get over herself when she turned her nose up at the award (which she denied but does anyone believe her?)

There is so much going on with the younger generation in LTIH it's much better to focus on them. Love Sarah Lancashire and Nicola Walker and I can't wait to see that house again.

nanaK54 Sat 19-Nov-16 15:44:05

Love, love, love the programme what great news!smile

DanniRae Sat 19-Nov-16 17:57:34

Yes! - Yes!- Yes! Delighted that this programme is back. I generally don't get on too well with dramas but I really liked this one. I agree about Anne Reid. I have noticed that she is a bit 'difficult' sometimes in interviews.

grin

Bobbysgirl19 Sat 19-Nov-16 18:10:03

Loved it! So pleased to hear this.

Maggiemaybe Sat 19-Nov-16 18:37:59

Anne Reid is also on my ever-growing list of People I Do Not Care For. Since she was on Who Do You Think You Are?, when she didn't come across as a very likeable person. To be fair, I often can't remember why people are on that list, I must just be a bit of a judgemental so and so!

Maggiemaybe Sat 19-Nov-16 18:41:25

Excellent actor, though.

Nelliemoser Sat 19-Nov-16 18:43:51

Maggiemaybe Yes I felt that after watching her on who do you think you are.

Christinefrance Sat 19-Nov-16 20:13:15

Yes I loved Last Tango as well. Anne Reid said if they realised it was going to be such a hit the marriage would not have happened until much later. They are limited to story lines now. I thought story lines around the other actors a could be developed quite a bit. Sarah Lancashire and Nicola Walker were excellent.

rosesarered Sat 19-Nov-16 20:33:21

I did like most of it, but not sure that I want to watch more.It got to the point where virtually all the cast were annoying me.grin Especially Ann Reid and Derek Jacobi.

Greyduster Sat 19-Nov-16 20:52:22

So pleased this is coming back - I remember them saying there would be another series. I adore Derek Jacobi - he could spend an hour reading the shipping forecast and I would be glued to it.

Flossieturner Sat 19-Nov-16 21:13:51

I loved that, it wa s faultless. And such a clever title.

Eloethan Sun 20-Nov-16 00:05:42

I really like it - and I like Ann Reid too.

cornergran Sun 20-Nov-16 07:12:38

Another fan here. It absorbs me, excellent acting and interesting storylines with so many undertones. Also love the scenery.

chelseababy Tue 29-Nov-16 21:01:54

It's going to be on on19th and 20th of December.