Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Swedish Thriller

(20 Posts)
BlueBelle Sun 18-Dec-16 22:52:13

It's ok I ve remembered it now give me long enough and thevpenny drops haha

BlueBelle Sun 18-Dec-16 21:04:29

Did I miss something out because I was just thinking what happened about the bishops husband and the possible sister did I nod off when that puzzle was answered

gettingonabit Sun 18-Dec-16 11:17:50

Yes, thanks for the heads up on Modus.

Last episode ever of Hinterland on S4C tonight <shameless plug>>.

AyjayF Sun 18-Dec-16 10:22:37

Why doesn't anyone shut their curtains?

BlueBelle Sun 18-Dec-16 10:15:11

Thanks a lot for mentioning Modus I hadn't seen it now started watching on iPlayer and can't stop Gripping x

Luckygirl Sun 18-Dec-16 10:01:21

I think the CEO of the shipping business (who committed suicide) did think he had unwittingly set of a train of murders - which is probably not true as the female chef was the first to be killed. But we cannot feel too sorry for him as he ordered the contract killing in the first place (tut, tut!) of the artist who was claiming to be his father's heir.

I could not understand the 1 + 5 - it seemed ridiculously far fetched.

Marelli Sun 18-Dec-16 09:52:33

AjayF, that's probably it. Laying the dove at the grave would help Stila come to terms with what she saw. The rich businessman owned a shipping line, according to OH (I can't remember that bit), and someone was murdered on one of his ships. I think I would be able to understand more if I didn't keep nodding off, because I really love the Scandinavian thrillers.

AyjayF Sun 18-Dec-16 08:25:31

I thought the photo was the chef killed at the hotel.The one Stilla saw.
Found the end a bit confusing. Was this whole thing started unwittingly by the rich business man? Or did he just think he'd started this chain of events?

f77ms Sun 18-Dec-16 07:28:50

I have thoroughly enjoyed `30 degrees in February` another Swedish serial drama with subtitles . If any one has catch up I would recommend it , you will be hooked ! I will try Modus , I love a good Murder !

Marelli Sun 18-Dec-16 07:16:28

Something rings a bell....did the murderer remove the dove when he saw the policeman at the grave one day? OH and I are trying to figure this out (just now, over our morning cuppa)! tchconfused

Luckygirl Sat 17-Dec-16 23:05:42

Ah - right - I thought he had tampered with the brakes. So - she lived to fight another day. Jolly good.

Yes indeed - if it was the policeman's wife why would they visit the grave?

Marelli Sat 17-Dec-16 23:03:45

She didn't die, though, Luckgirl. He broke the headlight of her car so he'd recognise it and he was going to smash into it, but didn't. Was the photo on the grave not the wife of the policeman? Can't figure out why the profiler and the daughter were visiting her grave, though.

Luckygirl Sat 17-Dec-16 22:33:54

OK - help me here. Last few moments of the series....who the heck was the photo of on the grave? I thought it was the pregnant woman of the lesbian couple (who presumably died in her tampered with car) - but how did the profiler and her daughter know her???

gettingonabit Mon 28-Nov-16 10:06:29

Talking of "forrin" noir, a new series of Gwyll (Hinterland) is on S4C, Sunday nights at 9pm.

TerriBull Mon 28-Nov-16 09:07:23

I caught up with Modus on I Player, I love Scandi Noir, particularly in the winter. Quite grisly, but atmospheric especially as it's set around Christmas time where Christmas Eve seems to take a major role, as it does in Europe. I liked the scenes in the church, thought it look lovely. Stockholm looks extremely cold. Yes spotted Wallender, who also appeared in an English speaking role in The Fall a few weeks ago. Pretty sure I'd seen a couple of the other faces in previous Scandinavian dramas as others have said, they seems to have a small pool of actors.

nancyma Mon 28-Nov-16 08:35:12

I suppose the joint population of all of the Scandinavian countries is relatively small so there's a small pool of actors. I am always struck by the ability of scandi actors to be so fluent in other languages. I think you are right about the gay couple !!

Luckygirl Sun 27-Nov-16 22:45:44

I don't think it is all women victims - I don't rate the chances of one of the gay couple.

Luckygirl Sun 27-Nov-16 22:45:16

And did you spot Wallander!? There seems to be a very small pool of Scandinavian actors!

nancyma Sun 27-Nov-16 22:44:27

Very exciting. Women being brutally murdered as usual but apart from that gripping. Like looking at scandi interiors too.

NanKate Sun 27-Nov-16 21:41:49

I recently signed up to the BBC Newsletter which emails about up and coming programmes. It has just recommended 'Modus' on BBC 4.

It is a Swedish series with subtitles. Rather grisly but atmospheric if you like snow and blood shock