Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Liar

(130 Posts)
BlueBelle Mon 11-Sep-17 22:32:13

Well what do you think did he or didn't he ?

Anniebach Fri 20-Oct-17 21:38:42

kitty, that is some man, phew , and he can act too ?

Elrel Fri 20-Oct-17 21:33:57

Glad to see the Goggleboxers feel as cheated by that ending as I do!

kittylester Thu 19-Oct-17 06:56:31

And me Annie! blush

Anniebach Wed 18-Oct-17 17:39:32

If Ioan is in the second series I shall watch ?

NotTooOld Wed 18-Oct-17 17:36:43

Well, I thought it was the soldier girlfriend wot dunnit but I don't understand why the carer let Laura search the shed. And who was she calling on the phone? Could it have been the sister wot dunnit? She would have access to scalpels. More questions than answers to my way of thinking.

suzied Wed 18-Oct-17 06:08:32

The Dr will be in series 2 in loads of flashbacks.

seacliff Wed 18-Oct-17 03:53:57

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4986970/Jim-Shelley-reviews-infuriating-finale-Liar.html
Interesting points here, DM not withstanding

pensionpat Tue 17-Oct-17 23:15:25

Sand he had scalpels and high motivation.

durhamjen Tue 17-Oct-17 23:12:05

I thought he might have done that himself as he's a doctor and knows it's quick.

BlueBelle Tue 17-Oct-17 23:00:31

Maryeliza I thought he’d committed suicide until I saw the slit throat

Anniebach Tue 17-Oct-17 22:25:25

Not interested in a second series, Ioan Gruffudd won't be in it. The women irritated me, but I watched just because he was in it.

seacliff Tue 17-Oct-17 21:08:55

Really annoying ending, we sat through all that, we deserve a proper ending.

lemongrove Tue 17-Oct-17 20:55:59

Just watched the last episode.Hmmmn, well, not the ending I had expected.Who was the carer calling, saying ‘it’s me’?
Did Andrew’s son know anything about it all?
If it was Vanessa’s partner who killed him, why would she hide the body where he wouldn’t be found, therefore keeping Vanessa on tenterhooks thinking he was still out there?
More likely to have been the old boyfriend who killed him, as he lost his job in the police force?
Who knows!?

Morgana Tue 17-Oct-17 20:14:09

I reckon they filmed the end after they'd started showing the series on TV. They realised they were getting good audiences and made the ending such that another series could be spun! !!! Do these people not realise how important it is to satisfy the viewer?!

durhamjen Tue 17-Oct-17 18:36:42

I will. I need something to take me out of the real world.

harrigran Tue 17-Oct-17 13:57:47

I will not be watching a second series, it just did not seem believable in the end.

Sparklefizz Tue 17-Oct-17 09:01:25

It was suggested online that the carer was on the phone to the male detective, and that he is involved. When he came in to see Laura, he apologised for a long delay and she was very agitated at having to wait. Online they say that he was arranging the death of Andrew to protect his own involvement. Until I read that, I had thought it was the soldier girlfriend who dunnit, but if they are making a sequel, then perhaps it's the male detective and there will be loads of other twists. Just sayin'

Christinefrance Tue 17-Oct-17 08:19:48

Although I have enjoyed this series I have to agree with callgirl and think the carer would not have let Laura into the shed. Bit of opportunism for the writers. Will be interesting to find out whodunit.

NanaandGrampy Tue 17-Oct-17 08:02:37

argh...would not I meant !

NanaandGrampy Tue 17-Oct-17 08:02:07

There was a suggestion on MSN this morning that he might have committed suicide.... which seems highly unlikely to me , not only because of the type of man he was but the throat being cut would have been an usual method of suicide...

I too think it was the detectives partner but how the heck did she get him there?

mostlyharmless Tue 17-Oct-17 06:17:33

It's always a frustrating ending when they leave it open for another series.

Brilliant series though with great acting.

Eloethan Tue 17-Oct-17 01:31:56

Like many of these sorts of dramas, it started really well and was fairly gripping up until the last episode which seemed to me to be getting increasingly silly. It was an unsatisfying ending.

callgirl1 Tue 17-Oct-17 00:02:54

I thought it odd that his mother and her carer let her into that shed, they didn`t know her from Adam, very trusting. And who was the carer on the phone to?

merlotgran Mon 16-Oct-17 23:47:11

Definitely a whodunit for the second series.

Not exactly a gripping ending. I was expecting him to turn up at the house when Laura was searching the shed.

maryeliza54 Mon 16-Oct-17 23:41:02

Yes - an odd ending. At first I thought it was going to be that he’d committed suicide - oh well.