Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Liar

(129 Posts)
BlueBelle Mon 11-Sep-17 22:32:13

Well what do you think did he or didn't he ?

merlotgran Mon 11-Sep-17 22:45:21

Goodness knows but it's going to be stretched over six episodes. shock

Day6 Mon 11-Sep-17 22:47:11

Oh dear. Another one of those dramas where I tend to dislike all the main players. It's filmed in grey and music is loud to ramp up the tension.....and we get off camera angles.

Sorry, my gripes about recent drama series on TV.

No. I think it was the taxi driver. No reason to think that. Heh heh! I am clutching at straws.

The Doc did seem decent and I imagine that given he is unattached, intelligent, wealthy, good looking and single he'd probably have women queuing round the block to get their paws on him. I don't think he'd ever have to resort to rape in order to have sex - although who knows what goes on in the mind of someone who'd attack and rape another?

Could have been her ex? Could be a wicked plan by her ex and sister to unhinge her, given she's had mental health problems?

I am covering all the bases! grin

MissAdventure Mon 11-Sep-17 22:54:50

Damn! I meant to have watched it. I always miss things I've planned.

Elrel Mon 11-Sep-17 23:24:37

Merlot - if I read correctly we find out who is lying in episode 3 with 4, 5, and 6 to come.
I'm still wondering why no one's ever told me about the incredible and beautiful Essex marshes!

maryeliza54 Mon 11-Sep-17 23:27:46

Day6 are you really being serious that attractive men couldn't be rapists and only ugly men resort to rape? Or was it a tongue in cheek comment?

petra Tue 12-Sep-17 08:55:50

Elrel
I lived on my boat for 16 years on that salt marsh. My mooring was by the lightship. It is absolutely beautiful, how lucky was i?

lemongrove Tue 12-Sep-17 09:31:07

That's interesting Petra what an interesting life you have had ( all the foreign countries as well) I always wondered what living on a boat would be like.?
I recorded this programme, also Rellik, to watch later, but neither one seems to get good reviews on GN so far.
What is it with all the mumbling on tv? angry

Elrel Thu 14-Sep-17 16:58:00

Petra - Living there must have been amazing and inspirational! You were indeed lucky, or made great choices!
You're obviously bold and practical, are you creative too? You must be!

DanniRae Thu 14-Sep-17 19:09:27

Only watched half of it then realised that I really didn't feel like watching anymore. I really didn't care who was lying!

seacliff Thu 14-Sep-17 19:41:03

I'll say he did.

I actually first thought he didn't, and she obviously has some previous dodgy history.... So I really have no idea.

But it goes on for 6 episodes, so there must be more info to come. I quite enjoyed it.

Eloethan Thu 14-Sep-17 22:36:41

There seemed to be some dodgy male characters floating around (the doctor's colleague appeared to have an excessively intrusive interest in what happened on the date). Or perhaps these are red herrings and it really is just a case of whether it is he or she telling the truth.

Anyway, I thought it was quite intriguing and although I feel a little bit uncomfortable with the notion of making entertainment out of the subject of rape (there seem to be so many storylines like this), it did hold my attention.

Grandma2213 Mon 18-Sep-17 03:15:28

It got my attention too Eloethan and I will stick with it because I am notoriously bad at spotting 'lies'!! I don't like him (the doctor) though. He is too perfect smarmy!

merlotgran Mon 18-Sep-17 22:15:26

At the moment I'm hoping he's innocent but my mind is easily changed grin

BlueBelle Mon 18-Sep-17 22:45:34

Well I don't like her she's spiteful and very sneaky

merlotgran Mon 18-Sep-17 22:52:35

The key under the garden gnome thing was strange. She used it to gain entrance but he used his own key when he got home.

Why the insulin under the bed. Is he diabetic?

I can't even remember their names. grin

lemongrove Mon 18-Sep-17 23:06:29

I thought Liar, first episode was very good, much better than Rellik, which I stopped watching.
Interesting twists and turns.

callgirl1 Tue 19-Sep-17 00:25:52

Not sure what to think yet, but it`s easier to understand than Rellik, which I gave up on after the first episode.

travelsafar Tue 19-Sep-17 06:49:02

The alleged rape victim Joanna Froggett has the most miserable face ever.

I recall she was the same in Downton Abbey too and the drama about the woman who killed her husbands for money.

Cant remember the name of it sorry.

Christinefrance Tue 19-Sep-17 08:43:36

Yes she was raped in Downton as well. I agree with BlueBelle a very sneaky character.

durhamjen Tue 19-Sep-17 08:50:30

How do you know it was insulin under the bed?
I thought it was meant to be Rohypnol.
Insulin bottles always have labels on them.

seacliff Tue 19-Sep-17 09:19:11

I don't like her, and now that other man has come out of the woodwork...Peter Davison?
But it all seems too obvious pointing at her being guilty, there must be a twist?

Eloethan Tue 19-Sep-17 10:01:27

The police found the bottle and presumably had the liquid analysed. I would be wondering why he had insuline under his bed.

I think there must be a twist too. It would be quite an unsatisfying drama if the doctor were found to be guilty, since he would be leaving a son all on his own. If the woman is lying it would reinforce all those ideas that women commonly make up stories about rape,so that wouldn't be very palatable either. I'm hoping it's someone else.

lemongrove Tue 19-Sep-17 10:20:39

I thought that the real rapist may be the taxi driver!

tessagee Tue 19-Sep-17 11:23:57

I don't know what to think, but it's a very depressing drama. For goodness sake, can we not have something a bit more cheerful, even a bit of romantic slush would be better than all this misery.
I think I'll give up on this one just as I have with all the soaps and murder mysteries.