Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Outlander

(32 Posts)
paddyann Fri 15-Sep-17 18:56:08

we just started watching this last week ,now on episode 13 .Its really good,well written and acted,beautifully filmed with fantastic lighting and I'm enjoying every minute of it,The only problem I have is the music....its stunningly hauntingly beautiful and I'm reduced to tears nightly by it.Has anyone else watched this and had the same reaction to the music..or is it just me whose heartstrings are being yanked ?I'll be an emotional wreck by the end of the series

paddyann Sun 29-Oct-17 10:51:58

my daughters friend does the costumes f77ms she assures us they are accurate and that there was a huge difference between the better off and the poor ...as there is now.Many people in Scotland spoke French of course and we had an alliance with northern Europe and Germany for trade so wealthier families would also speak German.

travelsafar Sun 29-Oct-17 18:15:52

I couldnt find it and even in my tv mag it wasnt listed something called three day nanny was on instead. I always watched it on catch up as i go out Thursday evening and it was on there either. Not sure what has happend now if you say you are watching it.

Marelli Sun 29-Oct-17 18:47:28

We’ve been watching it on More4, and I think the first series is now finished? They sailed to France in the last episode. Will have to watch out for Series 2 - I’m most smitten! The first episode was filmed in Falkland, which is about 5 miles from me. I’m also smitten by Claire’s knitted garments, so I was compelled to buy the pattern book...although when I’ll wear a wee knitted ‘capelet’ with a Peter Pan-type collar, has me stumped. ?

travelsafar Mon 30-Oct-17 06:09:48

Ah that explains it then, i saw the episode where they boarded the ship for France.I didnt realise that was the end.Thanks for explaining.

Tegan2 Tue 31-Oct-17 23:39:27

I've just bought series 2 [although someone told me it wasn't as good as series 1] but I still find the torture scenes in series one of the most horrible things I've seen in a programme sad.

paddyann Wed 01-Nov-17 00:06:57

I liked series two ,some great characters in it and of course the Bonnie Prince who wasn't really bonnie at all ....lol