Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Archers

(844 Posts)
Luckygirl Sun 29-Oct-17 09:58:53

Can't find the old thread.

How silly the Matt storyline is - like the Rob storyline it is OTT. No-one is as villainous as Matt is being portrayed - they have just made him a stereotype of evil and it is ridiculous. I have never met anyone who encapsulates evil to this degree.

Stop it now you crazy scriptwriters and give as some storylines that reflect real life.

crystaltipps Thu 14-Jun-18 07:37:22

Anyone seen the actress who plays the po-faced Helen in a really comic role as Moira on Corrie?

merlotgran Thu 14-Jun-18 09:54:21

Something's bound to happen during Ruth's party.

Pip going into premature labour?

merlotgran Thu 14-Jun-18 09:55:08

Chandelier falling on top of Shula?
grin

Please?

Scribbles Thu 14-Jun-18 11:33:20

I'm predicting that Pip will go into labour at Ruth's party and probably give birth before she can be got to hospital. With all those farmers around, accustomed to lambing, there'll be plenty of help at hand. However, she's been displaying signs of disillusion and so will reject the infant.

Following this, there will be another failure to impregnate Lexi but Adam & Ian will be so enamoured of Pip's baby, they'll offer to foster and ultimately adopt it.

crystaltipps Thu 14-Jun-18 17:46:53

You should be writing the script scribbles!

Luckygirl Thu 14-Jun-18 20:23:50

Blimey! - Elizabeth is going round telling folk that Lily is gay - Lily is going to be furious!!!

Scribbles Thu 14-Jun-18 21:40:27

crystal, they can't afford me! grin

Franbern Fri 15-Jun-18 10:36:37

Crystaltipps, did not realise that was the same actor. Will listen to her more closely on Corrie.

crystaltipps Fri 15-Jun-18 10:55:23

Yes Fran, she's hilarious on Corrie - think its shows how good an actor she is.

gulligranny Sat 16-Jun-18 15:45:57

My hope is that something dire befalls Kate - I don't mind what it is, as long as it shuts up that whining me-me-me voice!

silversurf Sat 16-Jun-18 19:35:00

Do agree about Kate. Why has nobody told her what a selfish and self centred person she is.

merlotgran Sat 16-Jun-18 21:52:30

Kate's a great one for looking a gift horse in the mouth. Didn't Brian give her a cottage? The field for her yurts was handed over before Home Farm became a family business and didn't Debbie lend her money for business start up?

No wonder she didn't bother to read the small print.

AyjayF Sun 17-Jun-18 08:54:11

Absolutely adore the Kate character. She is so selfish + deluded. Makes great listening.

Lazigirl Sun 01-Jul-18 17:09:56

I think her daughter Phoebe has silversurf smile

Luckygirl Sun 01-Jul-18 19:56:40

Time for Brian and Jenny to start charging this spoiled brat rent for her home with them and for the land on which her "business" sits.

suzied Sun 01-Jul-18 20:07:39

How come Anisha easily can up and leave a partnership? Wouldn’t she need a reference for a new job? She’s only been in the show 5 minutes. Would she really have a serious relationship with Rex? All a bit improbable.

AyjayF Wed 04-Jul-18 19:26:59

Does anyone else think the Alastair storyline is building towards his suicide?

Luckygirl Wed 04-Jul-18 19:40:36

I hope not!! - a bit too Eastenders I think. He is more likely to get involved in gambling again.

NfkDumpling Wed 04-Jul-18 21:26:44

Perhaps it’ll just be an attempted suicide and Shula will come to her senses and rush to his side.

Anisha is very calculating and ambitious. If Rex does go with her, what will happen to the pigs?

NfkDumpling Wed 04-Jul-18 21:27:33

(Or has that been sorted - I’m a couple of episodes behind!)

phoenix Wed 04-Jul-18 22:50:19

Alistair was playing the fruit machine in The Bull tonight, on the slippery slope, me thinks!

eGJ Fri 06-Jul-18 19:52:59

Debbie’s Coming Home grin. Tamsin Gregg is in the cast list for next week; she is so busy with other parts I thought we might have heard the last of her! Do hope she manages to prevent a Jennifer melt down!

annep Sat 07-Jul-18 04:41:16

suzied I agree. I think its highly unlikely that Anisha would leave just like that especially after persuading Alistair to unvest more in his business. And Rex and she seem such a mismatch. I do find The Archers a bit uncredible now although I still listen faithfully.

NfkDumpling Sat 07-Jul-18 06:40:51

I’ve gone off listening since Anisha said she was going. It just didn’t seem to fit her personality. And Rex was getting on track yet was prepared to chuck it all in without a thought yet he’s supposed to be the reliable one.

merlotgran Sat 07-Jul-18 08:50:29

I couldn't see the point in Anisha anyway.

Rex won't leave.