Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Archers

(844 Posts)
Luckygirl Sun 29-Oct-17 09:58:53

Can't find the old thread.

How silly the Matt storyline is - like the Rob storyline it is OTT. No-one is as villainous as Matt is being portrayed - they have just made him a stereotype of evil and it is ridiculous. I have never met anyone who encapsulates evil to this degree.

Stop it now you crazy scriptwriters and give as some storylines that reflect real life.

annep Sat 07-Jul-18 08:51:20

I think they're in danger of losing listeners. Scriptwriters take note!

Lazigirl Sat 07-Jul-18 09:38:35

I agree about Anisha, Rex et al but I do like the Jazza character and he is going to be 'bridesman' yeh! (Btw he is blind in RL). Many times I have become disenchanted with TA and given up on it, but like a true addict I always drift back,

LiltingLyrics Mon 09-Jul-18 22:38:02

Neil seems unhappy with his new senior position at Berrow. I can see there being conflict too over the reduction in affordable housing being built which may get him into a row with Justin. Emma's spoiling for a fight.

I've always thought that Rex and Pip will end up together - whether it's sooner - delivering the Piplet in the back of his taxi (is he still taxi-driving?) or later.

After some time away in Newmarket Rex realises he's made a mistake and returns to Ambridge. Meantime Neil gives up his Berrow job (Harriet will take over) to look after the pigs at Hollowtree instead. Rex returns and they go into partnership. Carter & Fairbrother has a nice rural ring to it.

AyjayF Tue 10-Jul-18 07:27:43

I love your scenario Lilting Lyrics!

Luckygirl Tue 10-Jul-18 08:49:28

Susan would be very very cross!!

Daddima Tue 10-Jul-18 09:39:27

Did we ever find out who knocked down Matt Crawford?
I listen to the omnibus in bed, and may have dropped off!

eGJ Tue 10-Jul-18 12:19:36

Yes it was Nic who told Jo Grundy on her death bed. Who you think will be around w3hen Pip goes into labour?

LiltingLyrics Tue 10-Jul-18 21:06:46

The unsolved crime file at Borsetshire Police HQ must be huge. Even though listeners know it was Nic, the police should still be investigating the hit and run it as well as the the racecourse fraud.

I think we can be assured the arrival of Piplet won't be a straightforward admission to the maternity unit. My money's still on Rex. Or maybe Ruairi when he's at Brookfield with Ben. It might shock the pair of them into speaking. smile

crystaltipps Tue 10-Jul-18 21:09:21

The baby will probably arrive at the same time as the World Cup Final in the bar at the Bull.

Luckygirl Tue 10-Jul-18 21:56:28

Or Toby will be too busy watching the match to turn up for the birth.

LiltingLyrics Tue 10-Jul-18 22:00:01

If that happens crystaltipps and with much speculation over what Pip will call the baby we can only be thankful that this isn't still 1966 and the name Nobby had fallen out of fashion. smile

phoenix Tue 10-Jul-18 22:09:43

Ahem, it's Hannah, not Harriet.

(Momentary escape from Pedants Corner, I dug a tunnel, don't tell anyone wink )

phoenix Tue 10-Jul-18 22:12:00

Re Pips baby, what was Ruth's mum called, the one that died in the car park at the motorway services?

merlotgran Tue 10-Jul-18 22:33:18

Heather, pet.

LiltingLyrics Wed 11-Jul-18 12:06:48

You know phoenix as I typed that I had a feeling it wasn't right but was too lazy to check. Hannah, aka the woman who will never be Mrs Tom Archer or Mrs Jazzer McCreary. Trying to guess what her longer term role will be. She seems strong and independent.

merlotgran Wed 11-Jul-18 13:32:02

Rex will be free soon as I bet he doesn't follow Anisha to Newmarket. Maybe Hannah will take his mind off Pip?

Elrel Sun 15-Jul-18 22:44:48

Have I missed an episode? When did Freddie arrange his Gap Yah trip with Noli? What's happening with Lily and her lecturer?

suzied Tue 24-Jul-18 14:18:41

Are the scriptwriters lining up Rex to get back with Pip? (again). Any bets on the pipling's name? (Grace?)
Anyone heard that Anthony Head is joining the cast ? ( hunk from the Gold Blend ads aeons ago, recently the Dad in The Split) I think he might be the Fairbrother Dad who has history....

Suki70 Tue 24-Jul-18 14:24:03

Think you're right suzied, I read that the Fairbrother dad , played by Anthony Head, is to return. Didn't he have an affair with Elizabeth when he was married?

Nannarose Tue 24-Jul-18 16:53:09

Not just an affair, she had a termination - very distressing for Shula who was desperate to conceive at the time.
I have a soft spot for Jill and know she has struggled with so many of the Fairbrothers. I still remember the episode when Phil revealed that he had been saving money left to him by Grace, so that the children (his and Jill's of course, could be educated privately). I totally understood Jill's angry reaction - Grace cast a long shadow.......

Nannarose Tue 24-Jul-18 16:54:03

PS: So it would be quite tactless to call the baby Grace (which doesn't mean it won't happen!)

Lazigirl Tue 24-Jul-18 17:32:02

Shall we start a book on Heather or Grace? Definitely Pip will end up with "uncle" Rex suzied

Scribbles Tue 24-Jul-18 17:40:21

But isn't the torn-between-two-brothers scenario a bit stale now (thinking of Emmur and the Grundys)?

crystaltipps Tue 24-Jul-18 17:59:30

Does Meredith know she is being used as cover for Lily’s affair with the lecherer.? Has she been heard?

merlotgran Tue 24-Jul-18 18:03:24

I don't think there is a Meredith. It was a name Lily plucked out of the air.