Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Archers

(844 Posts)
Luckygirl Sun 29-Oct-17 09:58:53

Can't find the old thread.

How silly the Matt storyline is - like the Rob storyline it is OTT. No-one is as villainous as Matt is being portrayed - they have just made him a stereotype of evil and it is ridiculous. I have never met anyone who encapsulates evil to this degree.

Stop it now you crazy scriptwriters and give as some storylines that reflect real life.

merlotgran Mon 26-Nov-18 21:02:06

I don't like Hannah but I'm looking forward to the episode where she sees off Natasha. grin

Elrel Tue 27-Nov-18 15:14:37

I'm rather hoping Natasha will encounter Russ and they'll realise that they share a precious, pretentious attitude and disappear together.
Lily has clearly found her niche as the next chatelaine of Lower Locksley and, hopefully, met a suitable young man at the Hunt Ball!
Tom can certainly pick them, except for blameless Kirsty.

Lazigirl Tue 27-Nov-18 18:07:31

We have two awful females for the price of one at the moment. Eye gel for Pat's under eye bags shock what a way to curry favour with your new boyfriend's mum!

Lazigirl Tue 27-Nov-18 19:17:18

My goodness what an image - Neil - Poldark with no trousers..,,.,,,,,

merlotgran Tue 27-Nov-18 19:22:19

grin

And Susan is just the right person to take care of Natasha.

'Stitch the bitch.' Love it!

phoenix Tue 27-Nov-18 20:01:42

Yes, I too loved Susan's line "It was like having Poldark in me living room" (or did she say "lounge"? I was choking so much on my cottage pie that I couldn't be sure!) grin

Elrel Tue 27-Nov-18 23:56:48

Maybe Lily will fall for the Canadian ice sculptor. Unless he turns out to be Rob with chainsaw, didn't he have a Canadian connection?
I've a nasty feeling that poor Nic's cardi is going to cause trouble in the Chaucer production. If it doesn't upset Will I fear one of the children will recognise it and scream ''That's Mummy's!'

AyjayF Wed 28-Nov-18 10:05:50

Things are hotting up here. Some great ( by great I mean awful) female characters with good storylines. Helen Susan Lily Hannah Natasha. Bring it on!

phoenix Thu 29-Nov-18 19:09:14

Wonderful example of "The Snell Sniff" tonight when she was talking to Jazzer!

Elrel Fri 30-Nov-18 20:31:45

Is Elizabeth seriously ill? She was insistent that she was just tired but has been under enormous stress for months. Good that she and Freddie are ok again. The Christmas tree with treasured childhood decorations almost had me in tears.
What a comfort Rex was to Lily, I imagine him in a cuddly thick woollen jumper!

Did Jazzer almost tell Fallon she was the only woman who understood him? I seem to remember them being very close some years ago and going to Cornwall together.

merlotgran Thu 13-Dec-18 19:38:35

Does Jill know about Russ? I don't think she does.

Lily must be mad inviting him to Brookfield when she knows Kenton will be there. shock

crystaltipps Sat 15-Dec-18 08:32:47

Anyone else find Russ’ voice almost as creepy as Rob’s? Will Lily come to her senses anytime soon?

eGJ Sat 15-Dec-18 09:17:22

Has anyone else thought the sale of Home Farm Manor House is rather odd? No mention of the buyer and to get out so quickly! No place to go and Rhuari due back ready to join up and cause more mischief with Ben! Join in the hope that Russ gets his comeuppance soon! grin

Iam64 Sat 15-Dec-18 09:18:08

I've been wondering whether Lily will give up on University and take over the running of Lower Loxely. Elizabeth has a history of heart problems so maybe her exhaustion isn't all down to depression or anxiety.
Which twin was born first? If she assumes key leadership role which twin inherits?

crystaltipps Sat 15-Dec-18 10:13:54

Well if Lily takes over creepy Russ will definitely want to get his feet under the stately home table. Freddie with his criminal record won’t be in a position to run a hospitality business.

phoenix Fri 21-Dec-18 19:11:43

Ok, so bets are open as to who is the buyer of Home Farm!

My money is on the Fairbrother chap, can't remember his name, but father of Rex and Toby.

Mr P thinks Matt Crawford!! tchshock

mrshat Fri 21-Dec-18 19:54:43

What about Justin 'what's his name'? Always has his eye to the main chance and then Lillian could go off again with Matt Crawford!! grin

merlotgran Fri 21-Dec-18 21:58:09

I think Rob's parents have bought Home Farm. His brother Miles now runs the farm in Hampshire so they're going to retire to Ambridge where they can be close to GiddyJack. shock

phoenix Sat 22-Dec-18 00:22:17

Ooh merlot I hadn't thought of that one!

Iam64 Sat 22-Dec-18 09:20:33

Ohh Nooo merlot, that's more than I could take!

Franbern Sun 23-Dec-18 11:17:58

Thought the name of Gill was connected with the purchasers. New Characters perhaps.

AyjayF Wed 09-Jan-19 08:56:01

Vicar Alan is back! Where has he been when we've needed him? ?

merlotgran Wed 09-Jan-19 13:27:32

I'm looking forward to 'meeting' the new owners of Home Farm. What can they be up to? shock

Culag Wed 09-Jan-19 13:38:52

I thought it was amazing how quickly the sale of Home Farm went through. It doesn’t often happen like that in real life.

merlotgran Sun 20-Jan-19 15:51:50

I've just caught up with Friday's episode. How come Adam can make a major decision like no longer growing strawberries without consulting any other family members? I thought Brian had set up the farm as a family company confused

Is Ruth still acting for Ruairi?