Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Archers

(844 Posts)
Luckygirl Sun 29-Oct-17 09:58:53

Can't find the old thread.

How silly the Matt storyline is - like the Rob storyline it is OTT. No-one is as villainous as Matt is being portrayed - they have just made him a stereotype of evil and it is ridiculous. I have never met anyone who encapsulates evil to this degree.

Stop it now you crazy scriptwriters and give as some storylines that reflect real life.

merlotgran Tue 02-Oct-18 22:28:29

I would like to hear what Kate has to say about Freddie's sentence.

phoenix Tue 02-Oct-18 22:34:31

So, who want's a little side bet that Ellis will end up in the same Young Offenders Institution as Freddie, and will bully him?

And as for Lizzie thinking that having a word with the Governor will have any impact...............He's hardly likely to put Freddie in his own room with a goose down duvet and Egyptian cotton sheets, is he?

LullyDully Wed 03-Oct-18 08:24:33

Two hundred miles North of Ambridge must be in Scotland as Ambridge is Worcestershire. That's a long way to go. I am surprised Freddie didn't to go an adult jail as he is well over 18 years old. It would certainly be contrived if Ellis goes there too.

LullyDully Wed 03-Oct-18 08:25:16

PS where is Kate these days?

AyjayF Wed 03-Oct-18 12:03:15

Yes. I was wondering that too. How young is a 'young offender'?

mrshat Wed 03-Oct-18 14:11:03

My thoughts exactly phoenix grin

DoraMarr Wed 03-Oct-18 14:19:05

A young offender is between the ages of 18 and 21.

LullyDully Wed 03-Oct-18 20:20:44

Ok thanks

UsedtobeGinger Wed 03-Oct-18 20:31:09

If Freddie hadn't gone down methinks there would have been a major outcry.
But what is Lily up to?
I suspect the old bloke will go back to wifey?
Hate nasty Hannah!

Nannarose Wed 03-Oct-18 21:27:08

And Tom Forest, he was arrested for murder, but it turned out to be an accident.

Luckygirl Wed 03-Oct-18 21:46:05

Nothing like this happens in our village!

Elrel Thu 04-Oct-18 00:03:51

At some point Lily's boyfriend's glowing testimonial for Freddie may come up at Ellis's trial. As deputy principal he surely was committing perjury.

UsedtobeGinger Thu 04-Oct-18 17:11:58

Will Hilda be the next in the dock for GBH to Christine?

AyjayF Thu 11-Oct-18 20:14:40

Feel they should just throw away the key to Freddie's cell.- after locking it of course.

Luckygirl Thu 11-Oct-18 20:40:23

No doubt someone will soon point out to Elizabeth that an appeal can result in an increase in sentence.

Scribbles Thu 11-Oct-18 23:49:18

Actually, Lucky, I kind of hope they don't and that she finds out the hard way ... in court!

eGJ Sat 13-Oct-18 10:32:36

oh UsedtobeGinger you just reduced me to a heap with your idea. Thank you grin and flowers

Lazigirl Tue 23-Oct-18 19:46:29

Poor misguided Elizabeth. I have looked at barristerblogger.com re Freddie’s sentence & it is quite informative & amusing. He thinks no grounds for Appeal, but he makes some inteeesting points. TA need better researchers obviously. What is happening to Lily & lover boy? I have missed some episodes?

Franbern Wed 24-Oct-18 11:07:22

Still bewildered as to how any appeal could take place without Freddie's permission. He is 18 years of age. Not even sure if it allowed to show his file around without his permission.
In the one-dimensional world of the Archers scriptwriters they obviously only deal with one person at the time, so Lily has been totally put on hold at present.

AyjayF Mon 29-Oct-18 21:29:39

Never heard a peep out of Geraldine before. Now you can't shut her up!!

merlotgran Mon 29-Oct-18 21:35:44

I don't like the sound of Bert jumping out of the bushes on spookylicious night.

It'll all end in tears.

phoenix Mon 29-Oct-18 23:05:04

Everyone will know it's him, no matter how well disguised he might be, because he always starts any sort of speaking with "whirr" or perhaps it's "werr" ?

BTW, is there a queue for people wanting to slap Elizabeth? If she says "I've let him down" just ONCE more, I will not be held responsible for my actions!

merlotgran Mon 05-Nov-18 19:34:40

Is Hannah after Tom or Bridge Farm?

Tom doesn't 'alf pick 'em. Natasha and Hannah are both ghastly.

Iam64 Mon 05-Nov-18 20:00:15

I wish Tom could find a proper girlfriend/partner/fiancee/wife. I think he's late 30's now and that's getting on to find a life partner imo. I try, in my own pollyanna way, to avoid disliking characters on the Archers - it isn't real I tell myself. I didn't like Rob titchner and I don't like Hannah. She's dreadful. I can't work out if she's a scheming, manipulative baggage or just a useless individual.

Phoenix, please don't slap Elizabeth. I sympathise, her constant insistence on poor Freddie and the need to Appeal and get him home are driving me doolally as well. However, slapping his mother won't help. We must be patient. I fear that Elizabeth, Lily and Freddie are all about to face reality in a Big Way and they won't like it.
Why doesn't someone, anyone, give Helen a helping hand in behaving herself and reading up on the impact on small boys of witnessing domestic violence, coercive abuse, having their favourite comfort toy thrown in the bin, being rejected by daddy and seeing daddy lying almost dead on the floor after mummy stabbed him: OH yes, and mummy disappearing for several months, leaving him living with daddy then reappearing with no explanation at just the same time as daddy dumps him.

AyjayF Fri 16-Nov-18 09:40:30

What's going on with the Lexi story? Has she been brought back just to disappear again or is Roy off to live in Bulgaria?
Good luck Adam + Iain trying to get any baby back if it's born outside the U.K.