Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Archers

(844 Posts)
Luckygirl Sun 29-Oct-17 09:58:53

Can't find the old thread.

How silly the Matt storyline is - like the Rob storyline it is OTT. No-one is as villainous as Matt is being portrayed - they have just made him a stereotype of evil and it is ridiculous. I have never met anyone who encapsulates evil to this degree.

Stop it now you crazy scriptwriters and give as some storylines that reflect real life.

grumppa Wed 08-Nov-17 19:09:37

Am I alone in finding Adam and Ian insufferable?

NfkDumpling Wed 08-Nov-17 19:11:59

No, you’re not alone Grumppa.

Applesby Wed 08-Nov-17 22:44:33

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

phoenix Thu 09-Nov-17 07:30:06

Reported

Craftycat Thu 09-Nov-17 12:04:18

No Grumpa. They drive me potty- Adam is such a miserable old git & Ian is so gushing & worthy. I pity the poor child if they get one

eGJ Fri 10-Nov-17 16:14:14

My horsey prediction seems to have legs! But what shocking revelation will Harrison reveal tonight? James, for once is redeeming things it seems....................Lilian must end up with Justin, though he seems busy in the East End at present! David was on holiday in Aden I think too, but his voice wasn't right! Anyone else spot him in the Court Martial on Sunday?

merlotgran Fri 10-Nov-17 16:47:48

Oh that's who it was. I thought I recognised David.

I am adding Elizabeth to my list of suspects. The sound of an expensive, powerful car pulling away jogged my memory!

Unless of course it was Freddie or Lillie taking her car without permission. shock

NfkDumpling Fri 10-Nov-17 18:00:10

It was a hit man employed by Justin or ......

Iam64 Fri 10-Nov-17 18:35:36

No it's someone that Matt crossed in his crooked dealings. I hope.

merlotgran Fri 10-Nov-17 19:19:15

What's happened to the money from the sale of the Dower House?

Trustees? What trustees?

AyjayF Fri 10-Nov-17 20:07:57

Are we to suspect Shula now or is Alastair the one + he's trying to pin it in her?
Will Harrison find the bunting before the C.I.D. find the attempted murderer ???

travelsafar Sat 11-Nov-17 07:09:57

Have they disclosed the contents of the suitcases yet??

I am desperate to know, but the OH has a habit of talking to me when i am listening to the program and not sure if i misssed the big reveal!!!

Lazigirl Sat 11-Nov-17 10:41:25

Am a bit confused as have missed some episodes. It's like an Agatha Christie send up. You expect baddie music each time Matt is on. I love Ian BTW, I think he's the nicest character on TA.

AyjayF Sat 11-Nov-17 13:53:56

Yes, Lazigirl. I love Ian too. Much too good for Adam

merlotgran Sat 11-Nov-17 14:06:13

Do you think Ian's a bit of a marmite character? I've never liked him for various reasons but mostly because of his whingey whiney attitude whenever the going gets tough.

Lazigirl Sun 12-Nov-17 20:53:07

If I had to live with any of the characters would choose Ian. Nice food!
At last Lilian has (apparently) seen the light. Bit late in the day unfortunately. hmm

grumppa Sun 12-Nov-17 22:00:51

If I had to live with any of the characters I would probably throw myself under the nearest disc harrow. But if push came to shove I suppose it would be Usha or Jolene.

Many years ago, when the world was young, the Any Questions panel was asked which Archers character they would most like to be, and one of them chose whoever was going to marry Lillian. At least her inbred Archer decency has finally got her to face up to Matt Crawford, whose "I did it for you" reminded me of Richard III wooing the Lady Anne over her husband's coffin.

GracesGranMK2 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:14:25

You probably do grumppa, they are just slightly hyped characters who, when we are not listening, live a very everyday life.

travelsafar, not unless it was in tonight's episode as I haven't heard it all yet - how can anyone phone someone between 7.00 and 7.15 p.m! My guess would be cash.

grumppa Sun 12-Nov-17 22:19:48

I probably do what, GracesGranMK2, or should that be whom?

GracesGranMK2 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:31:53

Sorry grumppa, it would have made more sense if I had quoted. You probably do live with or at least near people like the characters ... and then the next bit.

merlotgran Sun 12-Nov-17 22:47:52

I'm glad Lilian phoned the police. It's the only chance we have of finding out what was in the suitcases.

grumppa Mon 13-Nov-17 00:17:54

You think the police are that competent?

starbird Mon 13-Nov-17 17:37:40

Lilian gave Matt an hour as he asked, so he might get away and we will never know what's in the suitcase.
He might need to spend it all on cancelled flights!

Let's hope it was Nollitande or whatever she's called, who borrowed a car and hit Matt, I can't stand her (or her mother). But if it is attempted murder and a CID matter, why didn't Harrison get contact details from Matt as he would have to give evidence at a trial?

Lazigirl Mon 13-Nov-17 17:47:10

If Matt has to wait as long queuing to get through airport security as real mortals, with his stash in the cases too, he's no chance of getting away. But as grumppa said, if we think the police are competent hmmhmm

Nelliemoser Mon 13-Nov-17 18:02:15

I am begining to think that Matt's attacker might not be someone from Ambridge, but someone else who is after him.