Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Archers

(844 Posts)
Luckygirl Sun 29-Oct-17 09:58:53

Can't find the old thread.

How silly the Matt storyline is - like the Rob storyline it is OTT. No-one is as villainous as Matt is being portrayed - they have just made him a stereotype of evil and it is ridiculous. I have never met anyone who encapsulates evil to this degree.

Stop it now you crazy scriptwriters and give as some storylines that reflect real life.

starbird Thu 23-Nov-17 02:13:20

Is Lexi going to offer to be a surrogate gor Ian?

Lazigirl Thu 23-Nov-17 10:06:48

Great idea starbird. Why don't you take over TA scripts?

Iam64 Thu 23-Nov-17 19:01:14

That's been my thought for a couple of weeks starbird. She could share parental responsibility which would probably mean she could bring her family from Bulgaria to join her. Plus, she could make some cash out of the arrangement. Win Win for Lexi.

Luckygirl Thu 23-Nov-17 19:34:46

Great minds think alike! I think there was a bit of a hint in Tuesday's episode - can't remember the details.

GracesGranMK2 Fri 24-Nov-17 07:52:46

I have felt the hints about this too. I didn't realise that it could help her bring her family over. That would make the character think about it I'm sure. What do you suppose Roy's reaction would be?

Nelliemoser Fri 24-Nov-17 08:11:02

Luckygirl I think con men like Matt Crawford do behave very much as depicted in TA and women do fall for them. He's all about Matt Crawford and ignore anyone he tramples on in the meantime.

merlotgran Tue 28-Nov-17 19:27:02

Three cheers for Noluthando.

GracesGranMK2 Tue 28-Nov-17 19:28:55

Oh but it was about time though wasn't it.

NfkDumpling Tue 28-Nov-17 20:31:06

Hip, hip hoorraaayyyy!

Elrel Thu 30-Nov-17 20:38:02

Merlot - yes!! Noluthando certainly told Freddie some home truths!!
Surely Justin isn't going to take Silliun back - I can't see that as a romantic 'happy ever after' Christmas storyline! Or do the deceitful pair deserve each other? If the bells ring out for the over-the-top nuptials I may throw up!

Luckygirl Fri 01-Dec-17 20:02:21

Oh Pip! - what a silly billy. That will put the kibosh on Alfie.

merlotgran Fri 01-Dec-17 20:23:20

Jill will be apoplectic. Her first great grandchild a Fairbrother??

GracesGranMK2 Fri 01-Dec-17 22:44:04

It will bring back memories for Elizabeth.

AyjayF Sat 02-Dec-17 06:48:53

Perfect present for Ian + Adam, Pip. A new baby!!

NfkDumpling Sat 02-Dec-17 07:46:38

It's getting interesting again!

Lazigirl Sat 02-Dec-17 09:32:13

I've missed some episodes. Did she sleep with Toby again?

Luckygirl Sat 02-Dec-17 12:48:19

She certainly did! - presumably without contraception.

starbird Sat 02-Dec-17 18:22:45

Lazigirl yes they got back together and Toby stayed over at Elizabeth's a few times, then they decided that what they really wanted was to just be friends, so the visits stopped.

Lazigirl Sat 02-Dec-17 20:23:22

Thanks I missed those episodes, but when did Alfie come into the picture. Too late presumably for it to be his?

Luckygirl Sat 02-Dec-17 21:48:31

I don't think things got that far! - or at least not to my knowledge.

Iam64 Sun 03-Dec-17 13:11:29

The incidence of instant pregnancy during a one off one night stand between former couples in the Archers must be down to the amount of cake the characters eat. Having Pip pregnant by Toby is lazy scriptwriting. I'm fed up! Bring back Nelson Gabriel and Nigel

Lazigirl Sun 03-Dec-17 13:21:09

I agree Iam they tend to fit characters into storylines which do not fit with their personalities. I do not think what we know of Pip that she would become pregnant by accident - she's not naive in that respect.

Iam64 Sun 03-Dec-17 13:32:31

Exactly Lazigirl - Pip may be a bit daft where Toby is concerned but she wouldn't be daft enough to have unprotected sex with him. I was hoping to see a young woman growing in confidence and developing wider friendships, even falling in love with Alfie but this seems like scriptwriters who just want to cause distress to every inhabitant of Ambridge!

merlotgran Thu 07-Dec-17 19:25:44

What a load of miserable self centred whingers in Ambridge tonight. Will Ian ever be satisfied even if Adam does become the sperm donor?

Emma is turning into a nasty piece of work and it's about time Shula started counting her blessings especially if she really did run over Matt and is getting away with it. grin

What was the point in Anisha?

eGJ Sat 09-Dec-17 12:16:48

We all knew it would end in tears........................Oh Lilian! sad wine