Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Tipping Point today

(5 Posts)
petra Tue 14-Nov-17 19:15:42

Tipping point this evening was a repeat. As soon as I saw that toooo excitable woman I turned off.
I have to own up and declare that I'm a general knowledge freak, I play in two league teams and I get incensed when people go on a 'general knowledge' programme and know basically bugger all.
To me, Tipping point is more a game of chance.

granfromafar Tue 14-Nov-17 18:06:13

Merlotgran - I agree with your DH's comments and my DH can't stand Ben Shepherd (but still watches while pretending not to!) To be fair, Ben gives big hugs to male aswell as female winners, but still wonder whether in 20 years time someone will claim they were groped on national tv and make some ridiculous claim against him. Personally, I'd be quite happy to have a congratulatory hug from him if I were lucky enough to wine the big money!

merlotgran Tue 14-Nov-17 17:50:09

DH loves Tipping Point at least he says he does but you wouldn't think so listening to the number of times he shouts, 'Not now, you idiot!' (pushing the button too soon)
'Where do they find these numpties?' (not knowing the answer to a seemingly easy question)
'You haven't got a cat in hell's chance of winning the jackpot so why not choose a different drop zone?' and
'Put her down, for heaven's sake' (Ben Shepherd does like to hug the contestants rather enthusiastically)

hmm

Izzywizzy Tue 14-Nov-17 17:31:44

Yes I watched it with my husband but he left the room because of her exuberance !
I love watching Tipping Point but I'm not the sort to go on tv but if you fancy it then go ahead and apply. I'm sure it would be great fun.

granfromafar Tue 14-Nov-17 16:59:04

Anyone watch this today? The contestant who got through to the final today was a lovely (though rather excitable) lady called Jay who has very recently been on another afternoon quiz show, possibly the Chase. I was glad she did well, as I always root for the 'older' contestant, as they are usually more intelligent and win through knowledge rather than simply luck. She had both! Has anyone here been on this programme? I really fancy applying but not sure if I've got the nerve to. Would be interested to hear of any GNetters' experiences.