Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Celebrity Big Brother

(283 Posts)
Anniebach Fri 05-Jan-18 14:11:52

I confess, I am watching it. Someone phoned me Monday night and told me Anne Widdie and Rachel Johnson were in there. I think Widdie is great , met her once when she was here canvassing.

It has been women only to celebrate 100 years of women given the vote, sadly men are going in tonight.

Anniebach Fri 02-Feb-18 21:45:03

Shane J getting most cheers, yuck. At least Ann is the winner of the women contestants. I liked Jess and did think she had a good chance of winning.

POGS Fri 02-Feb-18 21:42:36

How nice to hear a young maid like Jess speak so positively and kindly about the older women .

Sorry to see her not in the final 2.

wot Fri 02-Feb-18 21:34:21

Anne's had her hair cut! It looks really good!!

Anniebach Thu 01-Feb-18 22:18:01

Perhaps Andrew is on something , nothing normal about him.

wot Thu 01-Feb-18 21:58:58

I'm sorry but I can't understand what Andrew's thinking. He can only accept Shane when he's pretending to be a woman. Does my head in , as they say.

Anniebach Thu 01-Feb-18 21:48:14

Ann has several gifts they lack, intelligence, honesty, morals, class , to name a few.

Devorgilla Thu 01-Feb-18 21:38:31

Obviously a 'let's get back at Ann' night'. And they try to make out she is the intolerant one.

Devorgilla Thu 01-Feb-18 21:35:28

I agree Wot. Added nothing to the show.

wot Thu 01-Feb-18 21:25:42

Anne really kept her cool!

wot Thu 01-Feb-18 21:24:00

Nasty India!

Anniebach Thu 01-Feb-18 15:50:53

I too think ShaneJ is devious and a manipulator, rather an unpleasant person.

Jess is a possible winner . Just not ShaneJ or Wayne Sleep please

DanniRae Thu 01-Feb-18 14:20:41

No one has mentioned Jess (that includes me) but I really like her. She is rapidly getting to top of my favourites list to win.

seacliff Thu 01-Feb-18 13:33:29

Annie and Glamma - me too for Amanda. Sad that she's gone.

I fear that Shane/Courtney will win, he has huge support on twitter. Mainly because his supporters are young, and think nothing of paying for multiple votes, whereas I am too tight to even vote once. At least on Strictly you could vote 3 times free online.

Shane L must have a lot of support too, I'd quite like him to win. Anyone rather than Shane/Courtney.

I like people who are genuine and honest. Shane has been whispering to others all through the show, trying to put people against Ann. He is very devious and manipulative.

Anniebach Thu 01-Feb-18 10:34:23

glammanana, you are not alone in your sadness ?

I had the same choice of winner as you,

glammanana Thu 01-Feb-18 10:06:27

Annie I did have Amanda on my list to win and was gutted when she was voted out I am now routing for AW to win if she is not lucky then ShaneL is next on the list.He is such a gentleman and has a really good outlook on life.Shane/Courtney has come across to me this last week as very devious and two faced I don't know what I will do for that hour after it finishes on Friday hmm such a sad person am I ?? lol.

Anniebach Thu 01-Feb-18 09:56:56

Glammanana, it is only for an evening. I think India realised her mistakes when voted out first so will have calmed down.

I am sorry Amanda was voted out

glammanana Thu 01-Feb-18 09:42:57

Annie If she does come back in maybe she will be more pleasent this time, I would only imagine the other housemates would come back in for maybe the evening ? and then leave.

Rocknroll5me Thu 01-Feb-18 09:33:43

‘ feminism ’ not ‘ female jism! What planet is the predictive text on? smile

Rocknroll5me Thu 01-Feb-18 09:30:11

Oh dear oh dear oh dear a bit of reality has pressed some buttons here. I am incredibly friendly and wish any of the finalists well- except Ann because she is a natural born bully and it would be a travesty if she won and became some icon in the year of the woman. She has never done women any favors and one of you here suggested that she was not a feminist because she believed in equality?!!!!!
What bit of feminism is it you don’t get? It means the fight for equality in law, pay and society, not more not less. She won’t win though because bizarrely an educated, inclusive, compassionate transvestite understands more about feminism than she does; who taught the lads about female jism so for the first time they understand and believe it. Shane/Courtney represents the complexity of the times, the confusion, and the challenge of the gender revolution. Viva ShaneJ

Anniebach Thu 01-Feb-18 08:44:04

Ann does not approve of sex on tv in reality shows. ShaneJ does.

Says it all really

Lynnebo Thu 01-Feb-18 08:23:56

Well said Rafichagran!!! smile

rafichagran Thu 01-Feb-18 00:16:34

This was a nice friendly thread, WAS, until some posters bought Ann's political career into it.

This is big brother, a reality tv show not a polital arena. She should be judged on how she is in the house and not what happened in the House of Commons.

I like Ann,I don't agree with all her views, but I don't agree with the views of some people in everyday life, both at work, and at home. In fact my partner and I have very opposing views on politics, and it makes for some intresting discussions.

Ann has not thrust her views down people's throats, and when asked a question she has given the answer she believes in. She has been honest and has not changed her views.

This is a reality tv show and the public have liked her, they are judging her on what she has been like in the house.

I think some posters have taken this far too seriously and as a previous poster said, maybe they should go on the political thread.

starbird Wed 31-Jan-18 22:26:09

I’ve gone off Wayne too - he encourages ShaneJ by listening to him.

Anniebach Wed 31-Jan-18 21:57:08

No danger of you becoming a Widdie starbird ? Everyone has likes and dislikes , most have views on abortion.

Pity Shane J is bitching again.

starbird Wed 31-Jan-18 21:26:10

Can’t resist saying that I also oppose abortion purely as a form of belated birth control - in this day and age it shouldn’t be necessary to kill a person to avoid the consequences of unplanned lust.

Shane’s letter couldn’t have been better if he’d written it himself! ?

Am I alone in not being able to stand Malika’s accent - is that how everyone from that part of America talk? I did share a house with a Canadian girl once and didn’t like her accent either but managed to look past it.

Have I turned into Ann Widdecombe? ?