Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Silent Witness

(38 Posts)
Auntieflo Tue 30-Jan-18 08:18:18

I was watching this last night and thought most of it was bonkers. Did anyone else think the same? Was it a new script writer, or just me? I know I was knitting baby hats at the same time, but surely ........

Mapleleaf Thu 08-Feb-18 11:09:51

Yes, I noticed that fiorentina. I don't know if that, in part, put me off watching more than 10 minutes. It certainly irritated me! ( Daft, I know, but there we are). ?

fiorentina51 Wed 07-Feb-18 22:51:10

Anyone else notice that they appear to have moved Christmas day to late September? All the trees in leaf with just the bracken in the woods starting to turn brown. Not a hint of frost at all.?

Atqui Wed 07-Feb-18 20:19:54

What amazes me apart from the plots is the houses they all live in ,all with state of the art kitchens!

Mapleleaf Wed 07-Feb-18 19:16:04

Perhaps I should give it another go on catch up.

Welshwife Wed 07-Feb-18 18:32:20

All complicated of course but not the gunman

Mapleleaf Wed 07-Feb-18 18:25:03

Why, welshwife? Did it make more sense? I'm afraid I found the opening unbelievable and so that put me off staying with it.

eazybee Wed 07-Feb-18 10:46:00

I am ashamed to say that as I watched Monday night's episode and the team made their way through the litter of corpses I thought: 'Oh good, this looks like a return to a proper, vintage Silent Witness.'
But what a horrible house!

Charleygirl Wed 07-Feb-18 10:00:42

I am pleased that this is the last episode of the series tonight. I think that Silent Witness should be put to bed permanently.

Welshwife Wed 07-Feb-18 09:52:06

There was a fenced field at the edge of the wood that horse was in.

merlotgran Wed 07-Feb-18 09:40:43

It struck me as rather odd that a wealthy family would stable a horse in the woods.

I'm sure it would have preferred a nice sunlit paddock with some grazing. hmm

Welshwife Wed 07-Feb-18 09:32:54

Should have watched for a bit longer then.

Last one of the series tonight.

Mapleleaf Wed 07-Feb-18 09:28:53

I thought I'd give this episode a try. Stuck it for 10 minutes - utterly ridiculous. Why would the forensic team be investigating the murders whilst the gunman/ woman was still there firing shots at them? Unbelievable.

callgirl1 Tue 06-Feb-18 23:42:25

I switched off as the credits began to roll last night, so must have missed the announcement. I also think that this week`s story is a good one.

jusnoneed Tue 06-Feb-18 21:34:48

Part two tomorrow, they did say after last nights episode. Thought this weeks better, back to how the programme used to be.

callgirl1 Tue 06-Feb-18 21:20:52

Just switched on eagerly for part 2 of last night`s story, to find................FLAMING FOOTBALL! I`m mad!

Sar53 Mon 05-Feb-18 12:52:52

I too had tears in my eyes watching last week's episodes. Liz Carr was brilliant , when she was lying on the floor it really brought it home to me that things like that do happen in real life. So very sad.

Nannylovesshopping Mon 05-Feb-18 10:35:36

I too found it very upsetting, very uncomfortable to watch, at one point told myself it's only a programme not real life, but it is happening in reality, what a sick world we live in to abuse vulnerable fellow humans both young and old.

petra Wed 31-Jan-18 17:48:02

That's the first time I've cried watching Silent. Witness.

ninathenana Wed 31-Jan-18 11:19:28

Yes, last nights episode was difficult to watch but as OldMeg says all credit to Liz Carr.
Yes it's far fetched and makes me shout at the TV sometimes but we find it entertaining and will continue to watch.

Charleygirl Wed 31-Jan-18 09:00:45

I agree that some of the last two episodes were far fetched but it did leave me feeling uncomfortable because what corner and Oldmeg said are so true.

At least it was easier to follow.

OldMeg Wed 31-Jan-18 08:42:44

Despite the criticism I have to say that Liz Carr who plays Clarissa is such a talented actor and dug deep into her psyche to make a very genuine point about the treatment and perception of the old, the demented and the disabled.

Nelliemoser Wed 31-Jan-18 08:21:00

When a previously enjoyable series goes on and on and has long run out of steam I wish they would just stop doing remakes and let it depart with dignity.

cornergran Wed 31-Jan-18 01:43:20

Sadly the abuse and attitudes depicted aren't so far fetched but yes, some of the policing and final elements were less than believable. Overall I enjoyed it, if that’s the right word when thinking about able bodied carers abusing disabled people. Parts of this episode left me feeling very uncomfortable but yes, I’ll watch more.

callgirl1 Wed 31-Jan-18 00:45:00

I thought that this week`s story was quite a good one, easier to follow.

merlotgran Tue 30-Jan-18 13:47:37

Matt the American politician was so gorgeous if I were Nikki I'd have been on that plane!!