Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Requiem - scary!

(45 Posts)
Grannyknot Fri 02-Feb-18 21:56:51

Anyone else watching? shock

Tegan2 Mon 05-Feb-18 11:19:27

At least there was a torch; in the X Files they never had a torch confused....

whitewave Mon 05-Feb-18 11:33:12

tegan have you or thinking about seeing the film (I can’t remember it’s name) about seamstresses during the 1950s? I love stuff like that. Like A Stitch in Time at the moment on tv.

I’ll be interested what it’s like if you do. We don’t go to the cinema, but do watch films we fancy on tv

NanKate Mon 05-Feb-18 16:29:17

Watched about 10 mins and was far too scared to continue. I am a real whimp nowadays.

Tegan2 Mon 05-Feb-18 16:51:42

whitewave; is that Phantom thread? NanKate; I managed 10 minutes. I know that, if I watch more I'd have to stick it out [as with the Living and the Dead] as it's the only way to [hopefully] counter the fear created. I did live in a haunted manor house for a short while when I was 17 and have probably never got over it shock...

whitewave Mon 05-Feb-18 17:01:20

Yes! That’s the one.

Tegan2 Mon 05-Feb-18 17:04:48

It's had very odd reviews ie 'you'll love it and hate it in equal measure'. I loved DDL in Last of the Mohicans [swoon] but haven't liked him in any role since. I had forgotten about A Stitch in Time, though, which I started watching on catchup then forgot about; must watch the episodes I've missed...

whitewave Mon 05-Feb-18 17:08:42

I’ll wait until it is on tv. It is just anything to do with fashion, and glorious material I am a sucker. Went to see Her Maj’s posh evening frocks from 1947 to present day, wonderful and what I loved was the exquisite material - yum yum.

Tegan2 Mon 05-Feb-18 17:23:11

I loved the first film about Coco Chanel [but not the second one which was a bit weird]. There's the most beautiful dress at Kedlestone Hall [think it's a wedding dress]. Love museums that have a large vintage clothes collection, which is strange as a] I can't sew [well, I like hand sewing but can't use a machine] b] not all that interested in fashion when it comes to what I'm wearing. I did make a few dresses for myself many years ago, which I was quite proud of but doubt if I could do it now.

whitewave Mon 05-Feb-18 17:37:50

I’m the same, it is just I am in awe at the wonderful workmanship that the women have toiled to produce such wonderful material and needlework.

I’m going off thread here really sorry folks

lemongrove Tue 06-Feb-18 22:47:12

Back to subject.....have just watched all the series now, very good, each episode got better and good ending ( no spoilers)
Believable acting and dialogue and quirky plot!

Parsleywin Tue 06-Feb-18 23:58:24

I've watched the lot too, which surprised me as I'm not normally a fan of ghost or supernatural programmes! This one just appealed to me and I did enjoy it.

Telly Fri 16-Feb-18 11:19:11

OK, I have watched the series and I have lots of questions. But guess I will have to hold fire until everyone has seen it on the Beeb.

merlotgran Fri 16-Feb-18 22:03:37

I'm going to have to give in to temptation and watch the rest of them.

merlotgran Fri 16-Feb-18 22:05:58

Maybe my question will be answered as to why the police haven't taken any DNA samples. hmm

hildajenniJ Fri 16-Feb-18 23:12:39

After watching the first episode, I watched the whole lot with DH on a miserable afternoon last week. I really did enjoy it. Won't give the ending away for those who haven't seen it all yet.

GrandmaKT Fri 16-Feb-18 23:28:40

Exactly merlotgran! That's what I' was shouting at the TV tonight. It's just getting a bit annoying now that the police continue to ignore her. (I would say 'unbelievable' but I guess there are a lot more unbelievable things than that in it!) Will stick with it though, especially with the recommendations of those who've seen it to the end!

Craftycat Mon 19-Feb-18 16:17:21

Does anyone actually know what happened? Just watched last episode & I have no idea. I presume the father of barmaid killed her but other than that......??????
The whole thing could have been sorted with a DNA test.

Grannyknot Mon 19-Feb-18 17:09:13

SPOILER ALERT

I also watched the last episode and thought "what the heck"confused I don't think anyone killed her - if by "her" you mean the cellist, I think she became "possessed" grin

She killed 4 people in the end - the GP, her husband, the "witch" and the retired cop.

Or have I missed an episode? It ended with the cellist looking into the mirror and her eyes were all black.

Deedaa Sun 11-Mar-18 20:43:34

OK I have watched five episodes now and in the last 10 minutes of the fifth episode it finally started to look a bit interesting. Don't know when I've spent so long watching someone staring at a mirror in the dark and none of it has been scary. Also how did she clean up that powder blue coat between episode 4 and 5? One minute it was covered in mud or blood, the next it was pristine!