Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Any recommendations for radio programmes, dramas, serials?

(10 Posts)
Moocow Tue 20-Feb-18 23:26:40

I find myself more irratated at how much time I spend searching for something to listen to on the radio these days. I particularly like a good basic comedy or good dramas. Thought I'd ask what others listen to nowadays in hope it will save me searching time.

notnecessarilywiser Wed 21-Feb-18 08:11:20

Radio 4 Extra (digital station) sounds as though it would suit you, Moo - I alternate between that and Radio 4.

Chewbacca Wed 21-Feb-18 08:59:48

Radio 4 Extra, via BBC iPlayer, currently has Girl On A Train omnibus, over 2 episodes, OP. Here's the link:

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b063jmm1

Moocow Wed 21-Feb-18 20:20:26

Thank you both. I will take a look, (many thanks for extra help with the link).

NanKate Wed 21-Feb-18 21:11:45

I often go onto BBC IPlayer Radio and click onto Drama where I have recently listened to some series such as

Night of the Triffids (sequel to Day of the Triffids)
Somerset Maugham short stories
Paul Temple ( may no longer be available)
Bertie Wooster stories

I think you can click onto the category 'comedy'

Humbertbear Wed 21-Feb-18 21:13:40

Why not listen to podcasts? Or download programmes you have missed from iplayer. Audible had a very good free podcast called West Cork where they investigate a Trudi de murder

chelseababy Fri 09-Mar-18 13:49:28

I'm enjoying the Afternoon Drams this week - 2.15 Monday to Friday. It's a prequel to the TV programme Waking The Dead with many of the original cast eg Clare Goose Sue Johnson and Holly Aird. It's available on iplayer.

NanKate Fri 09-Mar-18 14:06:04

I will try that ChelseaBaby.

If you have 45 mins free do go onto Radio IPlayer and click on Drama. I listened to a 1980s play with Peggy Mount and Liz Smith I think it was called Ladies at the Zoo. There is a photo of Peggy Mount in black and white on the programme. It is very funny, poignant and sad. I told DH about it and he agreed it was excellent.

chelseababy Tue 20-Mar-18 16:37:34

The Book at Bedtime looks good this week .-Reservoir 13 which is about a missing girl. Read by Lee Ingleby.

gomeshelen Tue 03-Apr-18 12:45:45

I can suggest you The Office and Stranger Things tv shows. Both good