Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

^Still Game^ new series 9

(13 Posts)
Tony2018 Thu 01-Nov-18 16:00:20

Just heard that new series 9 of Still Game will be on the BBC either this month or next month. Apparently this will be the last ever series. Anyone else looking forwards to it. And if so, who is your favourite character. Mine is Tam.

Hellosunshine Tue 06-Nov-18 22:02:25

Look forward to that, been watching my box set of older episodes.
My favourites are Isa and "Boaby" the barman, but they're all good characters.

MissAdventure Tue 06-Nov-18 22:05:42

I've seen a few episodes and really enjoyed the humour.
I shall look out for the new series. smile

Greyduster Tue 06-Nov-18 22:15:33

It’s DH’s favourite comedy, and I enjoy it too. My favourite characters are Isa and Navid.

paddyann Tue 06-Nov-18 22:41:42

Love the one where the old boy was in the bath and it went through the floor ,great characters, all very believable .

MissAdventure Tue 06-Nov-18 23:09:43

I remember an episode with a false leg..
I love the dour humour of the two men.
I hadn't heard of it before, but my ex lives in Scotland and introduced me to it.

Floradora9 Wed 07-Nov-18 21:49:35

I am sorry but I think it is terrible . I could not sit through a whole episode of it .

Pittcity Thu 08-Nov-18 08:30:58

I love the voice from the back room in Navid's shop....

Jane10 Thu 08-Nov-18 09:02:35

Isa was the star for me last series. Sorry to say but I didn't think it was as good somehow. Probably best that this will be the last one. I will definitely watch it.
Scot Squad though! I just love Cameron Meikleson the police commander.

harrigran Thu 08-Nov-18 10:27:42

I think Navid is brilliant and his wife Meena is very droll. Looking forward to the new series.

POGS Thu 08-Nov-18 10:48:42

In all honesty I couldn't pick a favourite as they bounce off one another so well .

Thanks for the heads up Tony I will look out for it.

Katek Thu 08-Nov-18 12:13:12

I’ve always loved this series but the recent programmes have lost their edge, earlier episodes were much funnier. Seem to be trying too hard. I think it’s maybe time the pensioners retired leaving us with happy memories! For me it has to be Boaby and Isa.......!

Tony2018 Tue 27-Nov-18 13:30:29

Series 7 is being repeated on BBC I-player at the moment, with a new episode added each Wednesday.

Hope they will repeat series 8 as well.

Still waiting for series 9 although production on it finished in the autumn so should be on soon.