Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Blood.

(46 Posts)
merlotgran Tue 20-Nov-18 17:12:14

Watched the first episode this afternoon and looking forward to the second one tonight. Very gripping and unlike most psychological dramas I can actually follow who's who and what's going on.

Adrian Dunbar does cold, calculating and sinister very well indeed.

Auntieflo Tue 04-Dec-18 08:46:29

Thanks Karanlouise, I'll have a go and see if it works.

Karanlouise Mon 03-Dec-18 15:01:50

Hi Auntieflo I just checked on the internet and all episodes are on the channel five website, you have to sign up for a My5 Account but it's free. You can watch them all online, not as good as watching on a TV I know but thought it might help. You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page as it just comes up with episode 5 first of all. Haven't tried it myself and it might only work on certain computers/tablets but hope it helps.

Auntieflo Mon 03-Dec-18 12:12:06

After reading all the positive comments about BLOOD, I thought I would watch the first episode while doing the ironing this morning.
No luck, CH5 catch up seems to only offer Part 5? ( last part)
Does any clever person know how I can get the whole series please?

gulligranny Sun 02-Dec-18 22:24:56

DH and I have binge-watched over the weekend and we were gripped by this wonderfully well acted drama, Adrian Dunbar was outstanding and Ch5 has to be congratulated for airing something with such a controversial theme.

Pittcity Sat 01-Dec-18 11:37:03

Just watched the last episode and was moved to tears.
A lot of small unexplained niggles but overall an excellent watch.

seacliff Wed 28-Nov-18 18:47:19

Oh I really enjoyed it, thanks Merlot for mentioning it here, or I would have missed it.

I binge watched over last 2 days, more like that please C5.

Lazigirl Tue 27-Nov-18 19:08:50

I thought this was a really good drama, but kind of suspected that Cat's father wasn't going to turn out the baddie after all, BUT he still treated wife shabbily with girlfriend, and also treated girlfriend badly, and where did the nasty Frank and gun fit in? Why did the doctor have a hand gun anyway? Surely the family would have known about Frank beforehand? A few anomalies I think.

silverlining48 Tue 27-Nov-18 13:43:02

or was I watching a recorded programme ( the knee replacement....which given I will need one made my toes curl) and the blood announcement came on in the ads. Sadly I don’t know how to skip them.

silverlining48 Tue 27-Nov-18 12:46:37

Did I see that blood is starting on channel 5 again? Is that a repeat....or new series? Or am I imagining I heard it?

BlueBelle Mon 26-Nov-18 20:28:41

Yes i binge watched too Sparkle sometimes it’s better like that as I sometimes forget some details from one week to the next

Sparklefizz Mon 26-Nov-18 19:44:41

I thought it was brilliant! I have binge-watched over 2 days while recovering from nasty dental treatment and it has been an excellent drama, well-written and well-acted with plenty of twists I never saw coming .... and very distracting from dental face-ache etc.

Karanlouise Mon 26-Nov-18 17:51:08

Good drama, well acted. I still don't think it was right that everyone thought Cat was a liar for all those years, not a nice thing for a father to do. I'm sad it's over though.

oldbatty Mon 26-Nov-18 12:32:29

henetha....Respect, that was one serious binge.

sodapop Mon 26-Nov-18 12:24:19

I agree NanKate C5 are definitely on the up.
I thought Uncle Frank was truly awful as well. A good drama.

henetha Mon 26-Nov-18 10:34:32

I recorded Blood and watched the whole thing yesterday.
It was exceptionally good, I thought, from start to finish.
Better than the average tv drama, and marvellous performances from the actors. These dramas often have a poor ending, but not this one. It was very moving.

trisher Mon 26-Nov-18 09:14:04

I wondered about the death certificate as well, but I think one of the themes was the corruption and cronyism in small town Ireland. I don't know how true that is but I think there is a real idea that. this happens.

oldbatty Mon 26-Nov-18 09:09:24

Yes, Nan a nice touch. I really enjoyed this drama although slightly depressing. Nuanced and subtle performances, three dimensional characters.

NanKate Mon 26-Nov-18 08:35:01

Ch5 has gone up in my estimation. Hope they have more dramas as good as this.

I thought the cameo role of the old patient with dementia/confusion was wonderfully acted.

BlueBelle Mon 26-Nov-18 05:38:55

How very strange I wrote on here after Niggley but the post has totally disappeared
This was an excellent drama I missed the start as I was away from uk for a few days but my friend told me about it and I watched it on my iPad and from the first ten minutes I was hooked
Really great production very good writing and good strong acting and so very sad I was in tears at the ending

merlotgran Sun 25-Nov-18 23:28:10

I think the father knew that Cat was going to be like a dog with a bone until she got at the truth so inviting the odious Frank to the funeral was, he hoped, a way of getting her to go back to Dublin ASAP.

I assume the death certificate stated that death was caused by an injury due to falling but I don't remember that bit. Everyone was told that she fell at the side of the pond.

I felt so sorry for Barry. If Cat hadn't dragged him into her battle he wouldn't have committed suicide but then he would have done anything for her. sad

Eloethan Sun 25-Nov-18 22:55:48

I recorded the final episode and watched it last night. I thought it was very sad but an excellent story. It completely overturned my view of the father and his youngest daughter - and, to some extent, the rest of his family.

But why was the doctor so keen on bringing "Uncle Frank" back into the family - he seemed such a ghastly man? Or is it the case (as so often happens these days) that I missed something explaining this?

I missed the first part of the first episode and so don't know how the doctor's wife's death was explained on the death certificate. I realise she had MND but how exactly was she supposed to have died?

nigglynellie Sat 24-Nov-18 15:00:24

Yes it was good, but one or two things didn't add up! Not sure that anyone would hide stolen money in a chest of drawers that people were obviously using and almost certainly find!!! Jim taking the rap for the 'accident '? Surely tyre marks, positioning, and lack of impact on his car would have scotched that! Letting his much loved wife feed the fish on her own when she's already fallen trying to do just that? I don't think so! The carer, as she said, worked for a company, so not up to her to query non payment, the owner would be chasing that not a member of staff. If you went to tackle someone for making a pass at your wife, I can't imagine that you'd take your circa 7 year old daughter with you!!!!

trisher Sat 24-Nov-18 13:42:09

Great ending and so well acted. Ingrid Craigie was fantastic and made a really believable couple with Adrian Dunbar. Very moving.

sodapop Sat 24-Nov-18 08:38:33

Yes I agree it was a great ending, I didn't see that coming. Good drama.

Marthjolly1 Fri 23-Nov-18 23:57:02

Really good drama. Great ending, didnt disappoint at all.