Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Informer

(13 Posts)
travelsafar Wed 21-Nov-18 08:51:10

Watched this yesterday on playback.I started to watch when it first was aired but found it very confuisng. Watching it all apart from the last episode i was able to follow it. Does anyone else find that with these dramas, they are easier to follow in one go rather than weekly episodes?. Might give the drummer girl another go

harrigran Wed 21-Nov-18 09:01:02

Yes we watched this series more or less back to back, still found it disappointing.
We always record all episodes before watching the first one.

FlexibleFriend Wed 21-Nov-18 10:23:40

I watched the whole series back to back as it's my preferred way to view. I do try to record entire series before watching but sometimes through lack of things to view I'll watch in two sittings. When watching with a week in between I find I've forgotten bits.

Jane43 Wed 21-Nov-18 10:47:08

What channel is The Informer on please?

GeorgieKay Wed 21-Nov-18 11:00:18

Informer was on BBC1
I loved it ! I had intended to watch it weekly but was hooked and had to download it to see what happened.

Lazigirl Wed 21-Nov-18 11:57:19

I watched it and was very underwhelmed. Totally contrived and unconvincing last episode, and obviously left open for further series as it has received rave reviews. hmm

kittylester Wed 21-Nov-18 11:57:39

We are watching it weekly - a mistake I think. We have to keep stopping it to work things out or rewind to help us put it all together.

Lazigirl Wed 21-Nov-18 12:31:44

I hope it's clearer on rewind kitty. I found it confusing, which seems to be common these days with these thriller type series. It can't be me "losing the plot" can it hmm Oh dear...

Morgana Wed 21-Nov-18 18:07:27

We watched the series but were utterly confused by the ending. Can anyone explain? thanks.

lemongrove Wed 21-Nov-18 18:56:48

I almost needed subtitles with this, innit?

kittylester Wed 21-Nov-18 19:45:21

It didn't help and we decided that, in future, we are going to binge watch stuff - but probably not this!

Is there going to be another series?

FlexibleFriend Wed 21-Nov-18 21:33:20

Oh well I really enjoyed it.

GeorgieKay Wed 21-Nov-18 21:45:40

Yay FlexibleFriend, I was sure I couldn’t have been the only one who enjoyed it ?