Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Jungle ...get me out of here ?

(12 Posts)
Shirleyw Mon 10-Dec-18 06:05:27

Got to admit but I watched most of these this year, thought it was great.....they seemed to all of got on well, a worthy winner, light entertainment

Alima Mon 10-Dec-18 06:39:15

I didn’t watch any of it but am pleased Harry Redknapp won. How daft is that.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 10-Dec-18 07:28:19

Watched most of it, pleased Harry won ????

Jane10 Mon 10-Dec-18 07:31:57

He's been going to win all along. I did quite enjoy this year's run but did find it repetitive ie we kept being shown the same snippets of VT over and over again. Makes you wonder how dull the rest of it is.
Holly was pleasant but the sparky fun of Ant and Dec was missing (Dec did his cheeky best though).

DanniRae Mon 10-Dec-18 07:44:28

Yes, I agree Jane about missing Ant. I like Holly but really hope it goes back to Ant and Dec next year!

I too wanted Harry to win and actually voted for him (twice).

Humbertbear Mon 10-Dec-18 08:49:08

I thought Holly/ Dec breathed new life into the show. Dec has really proved himself now.

paddyann Mon 10-Dec-18 11:00:17

Not a fan of Holly I think she makes it all about her,so I hope Ants back next year too.I would have like Emily to win,you could see the experience had made a big difference to her ,lovely young woman .John Barrowman as always was a hoot .

Jane10 Mon 10-Dec-18 11:37:31

I gather that ITV are wanting Holly back next year. Nooooooo!
Ant's due back to Britain's Got Talent though. Starts filming soon. Fingers crossed he does so well that he'll be back in the jungle next year.

Grandma2213 Tue 11-Dec-18 00:05:15

I usually follow the programme as I enjoy watching the relationships between people as they develop. I must say that I have never laughed so much as I have this year. They all seemed to just be themselves! Yes I know it is heavily edited. I thought Holly did a great job despite her great looks, witticisms and natural empathy which I was prepared to hate!!! Harry Rednapp is the same age as me and made me think 'I could do that' but only if, like him, I couldn't smell anything!

hdh74 Tue 11-Dec-18 02:09:00

I thought the celebs were all really lovely and was very pleased for Harry. I quite liked Holly but nowhere near as much as Ant. The only thing is I really didn't like how extreme the tasks seemed to be. It always seems to me with any reality show that they always have to push it a bit more and more each series and they usually end up ruining them for me. I really couldn't watch the eating trials at all. Urgh. I much prefer the banter in camp and the other little tasks to seeing someone having to endure something involving ever greater number of critters.

EllanVannin Tue 11-Dec-18 06:45:08

Harry did do well though. A lot had to do with attitude and he just didn't care what he did, so normal/natural and down to earth and got on with it.
I couldn't/wouldn't do that for a million pounds ! Not even if I'd been a youngster.

Looking forward to seeing them all in their finery tomorrow at the Versace hotel. What a place !

Liz46 Tue 11-Dec-18 06:52:25

We thoroughly enjoyed it this year. What a good bunch of characters and they supported each other very well with hardly a grumble about each other.

I am in the 'prefer Holly' camp but think Dec overdid the stupid act. Holly's face during the trials was a picture and very funny.