Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Father Brown

(10 Posts)
travelsafar Tue 22-Jan-19 06:40:59

Just been introduced to the delights of this gentle far fetched program and i am hooked. Anyone else watched it.
It is perfect for easy viewing and i just love the clothing, decor and whole ambiance of the series. Pure escapism.smile

Marydoll Tue 22-Jan-19 06:48:12

I used to watch it in the afternooms when the previous series were on, now that my husband has discovered it, we watch it in the evening.grin
I was going to say it's a gentle series, but it's not. There are more murders than Midsomer Murders!

kittylester Tue 22-Jan-19 09:58:51

I love it if I stumble upon it - or just leave the tv on after Doctors (which I don't deliberately watch blush).

The Father Brown books were on a reading list provided by the school our boys attended - isn't that quaint!

ninathenana Tue 22-Jan-19 12:44:17

DH is a big fan. I watch it too, although sometimes whilst doing other things. They do show a lot of repeats though. Have recently seen a couple of weeks of a new series and now sadly back to repeats.

Greyduster Tue 22-Jan-19 12:52:29

I remember watching when Kenneth More was Father Brown in the seventies, and we are only lately come to this new incarnation. Thoroughly hooked. Love Mark Williams and all the cast, but I have to say I preferred the previous police inspector to the current one. Lovely, funny, gentle drama. Busy catching up on all the past episodes.

merlotgran Tue 22-Jan-19 13:17:38

I remember my father reading the Father Brown books. He used to call them Enid Blyton for grown ups grin

It's a great excuse to settle down with a cuppa. DH disappears to his workshop.

Bring back Sid Carter!

Deedaa Sat 26-Jan-19 20:20:43

I always watch, but I'd watch Mark Williams in anything really!à

Elrel Sun 03-Feb-19 14:31:29

Yes, Mark Williams is very appealing! I saw him onstage at Birmingham Rep in Tartuffe a few years ago, excellent production. Dazzling pantomime set and Mrs Barbara Nice too, a real treat.

sodapop Sun 03-Feb-19 15:47:14

I recorded several programmes as I enjoy this series. I was disappointed to find they were all repeats.
I am enjoying the new series of Grantchester though.

SalsaQueen Sun 03-Feb-19 15:50:25

My husband loves it. He also likes Miss Marple, Heartbeat, Prime Suspect, Doc Martin and Poirot.....all old programmes.